View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Been a while 
P.D.Q. Bach

Post Been a while
Here's a short riff idea, recorded on my iphone. The quality is surprisingly clear :idk: it's the SG through the blackheart at a really low volume but hey, at least it's something.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... D=10532276

Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:50 pm
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
Less/More: More
Post Re: Been a while
Yay! Clips!

When you do supa low volume clips like that, you should try to put something solid between you and the amp, a sheet of plywood, a tabletop, mattress, whatever. If it is a small amp, you can even use something small, like i have a little 2'x3' bit of 1" thick foam that i use with my minicrate. Just leaning against the amp blocking myself off from the microphone. Even a little bit helps.

Then put your iphone/microphone on the amp's side of the divider, right in front of the speaker, and you will get less string noise on the recoarding. It usually works even if the mic used is an omni pickup pattern.

But yeah, CLIPS! I dig it.

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:12 am
P.D.Q. Bach

Yeahh I mainly recorded this just so I wouldn't forget it so I didn't really worry about the quality. Then I realized it was somewhat passable and decided to post more :idk:

I honestly think I could probably get better tones from my iphone than from my amp sims... so I might just record an iphone demo :rawk:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:14 am
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
Less/More: More
The iphone has some pretty dope apps too. That one Sonoma FourTrack, or something like that? Fucking cool as hell. $10, not too bad for what it does. If i had an iphone, i would have that app, fo sho.

For quicky idea rememberings, those phones are sweet. I am anti-cellphone, but i would seriously consider having one of those just for that sort of shit, with like, no actual phone plan on it. :huzzah:

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:19 am
P.D.Q. Bach

Yuss :bangin:

I'm starting to slowly pull ideas together for a new project. The washy chord driven stuff with vocals over it contrasted with rhythmic instrumental sections, with more melodic parts and dynamic movement than Atlas.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]