View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
More differnt thing. 
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
Less/More: More
Post More differnt thing.
At this stage just sort of a thought-test for me to see how i feel about it.

7-30-12 Looptest.

Really just sort of one riff that i couldn't decide how long i wanted to make it, so here it is at like four different lengths, one after another. Mainly just so i can hear it and decide what the fuck i want to do with it. Now that i can hear it though, i still don't fucking know. Maybe i didn't play the drums well enough to be able to tell. :red:

Drums just ugly-looped for general continuity porpoises. I didna at all muss about with how they fit together from one part to the next, just kind of cuttypastied whatever part of it that i played close-ish to correct time for, into whatever spot was available. A buttload of ugh edits fo sho and at the end of it i think it even falls out of sync between the guitars and drums. :red:

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:42 pm
Winston Wolf

Post Re: More differnt thing.
I had to fix/replace some terrible things in there just now that i didn't notice before, possibly due to oldmanbeer.

But i left some other terrible things in, so none of you will feel left out.

:dukes:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:40 am
Simethicone

Yes/No: Yes
I don't think it needs to stay one consistent length. Really depends on how the song develops, what length it winds up at and where.

That being said, I realllllly like the riffing here. This is very up my alley re: big dirtyguitar loudthings. :isay:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:58 am
Winston Wolf

Yarr, i kind of like the guitar sound, though it is moastly buried by pumping compression here. Actually using distortion instead of the normal no-more-than-overdrive that i tend to use for figuring-stuff-out porpoises.

The Hotcake clone i built is really one of my favorite distortionyfuzz things. Especially coupled with something after it that has some more EQ to it, here the Timmy.

As for the riff, it is partly built out of the carcasses of several olde abandoned thinges from the olde dayes, so i like being able to get some of those things into something else. I kind of like the longest version the most i think. I might mix one of the shortest ones in somehow, as well. But i don't know if i require the existence of the middle lengths as much. Particularly the third one, where it starts to come back down but doesn't make it to the proper three ending chords. I don't know if that one is necessary.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:18 am
Simethicone

Yes/No: Yes
chris_d wrote:
I kind of like the longest version the most i think. I might mix one of the shortest ones in somehow, as well. But i don't know if i require the existence of the middle lengths as much. Particularly the third one, where it starts to come back down but doesn't make it to the proper three ending chords. I don't know if that one is necessary.

Agreed entirely. The middle one that doesn't quite make it goes. The longer one, very cool. The short version should wind up in there as well, though where is dependent entirely upon how you structure the song.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:28 am
Winston Wolf

Just kind of halffucking with it today.

7-31-12 LoopTest Wif Bass.

Some guitars and bass. And only two of the four lengths involved.

Too many guitars actually, or at least of the wrong flavor perhaps. They don't really fit too well in the spaces they are crammed, frequency-wise. And though i attempted to EQ them into new homes, i only really succeeded in weirdening them up some.

:red:

EDIT: Is this any better?

Less Wrong?

I dunno. Some EQ things fixed, some guitars removed, but other things still wonky/off. :idk:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:58 pm
Walrus meat

As Snax-O said, this is real cool. I am very fond of the hefty bass part/tone.

Double bassin' it up, eh? :D Unless that is with one foot.. :shock:

Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:39 am
Winston Wolf

Yarr, there is a tiny bit of doublepedal there. I don't know if i could do that with one foot, it is pretty close to what i would consider my max if not above it for one foot. And the kick level would drop a fair bit there if i tried.

The double kick thing in general just isn't going anywhere for me, playing-wise. I just leave the pedal there because i have it, but i really don't use it. And then when i do, like here, i feel like 1. it is too sloppy to use. and 2. it is a lazy way to fill a part. :red:

Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:02 am
Walrus meat

Meh, doesn't sound sloppy or like a halfbaked lazy fill to me, it is sort of out of nowhere in a neat way.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]