View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
electro-ridiculous. 
Scratch mixing the fossil record

Post electro-ridiculous.
https://soundcloud.com/neuedeutschland/ ... an-vox-tk1

i'll just leave this here 'cause it smells bad, and is.. well. you'll see.

not the usual cup o' tea.. but wtf. been doing a lot of drum machiney shiz lately, and whipped out this hilarious number 'cause it's been snowing, and i can't go to work. so i went to work.

Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:08 am
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
Less/More: More
Post Re: electro-ridiculous.
I have been listening to a lot of six finger satellite lately, so i have no beef with this at all. :idk:

Bass could be a bit louder imo, and i think a real drummer to lend a little beat variation to it, might be nice, but otherwise, i dig it. Skronky guitars and shouted (but buried in the mix) vocals, what's not to like?

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.

Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:02 pm

chris_d wrote:
I have been listening to a lot of six finger satellite lately, so i have no beef with this at all. :idk:

Bass could be a bit louder imo, and i think a real drummer to lend a little beat variation to it, might be nice, but otherwise, i dig it. Skronky guitars and shouted (but buried in the mix) vocals, what's not to like?

i agree with ya on most counts! i already redid the louder bass thing for further iterations.. but the live drummer.. gah. yeah. if i had one of those! sigh... human drummers are infinitely cooler in every regard.. but i'm makin' do with 'ol EZ, who doesn't eat or drink much, and almost always shows up when he's supposed to. unfortunately, it takes a lot of data entry time to make midi scrolls and MAN do i hate that.. :P

i'm mostly just goofin' 'cause this is way outside my normal MO.. but it was super fun anyhow!

Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:35 pm
Simethicone

Yes/No: Yes
Verse vocals are brilliant. The way the guitar transitions into the first chorus is excellent, that squealing note. Probably not intentional, but should be.

I'd listen to a record of this stuff. :idk:

Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:43 pm
Winston Wolf

Yarr, i do the same thing when required to edit midi for beats. I just don't have the patience for that stuff at all. :red:

Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:49 pm

Snaxocaster wrote:
Verse vocals are brilliant. The way the guitar transitions into the first chorus is excellent, that squealing note. Probably not intentional, but should be.

I'd listen to a record of this stuff. :idk:

aw man.. thanks!

gah.. i dunno what the hell i'd do to flush out a whole record of such things... good lord! but i am doing some 6 finger satellite research currently (listening to law of ruins).. my old band played with them once, and i remembered liking the whole machine spaz aesthetic- kinda like a fucked up tar or something.
a lotta this record is seemingly over drum machine, and i kinda dig it.

i wish i were better at the whole inputting of piano roll stuff.. shit is SO laborious and non-musical, but then again, so is loading gear, driving vans, and selling t-shirts.. so who am i kidding? :lol:

Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:56 pm
Winston Wolf

Aye, even when 6FS used a real drummer, the way they played lent itself to being kind of drum-machine-y. I missed that band the first time around, but if i had heard them then they would probably have been as big as fugazi was for me, as far as favorite bands making exactly the sounds that were right up my alley, where up until then i wasn't hearing anything that sounded exactly the way i wanted to hear things. I really enjoy this band.

Probably my favorite stuff of theirs would be The Pigeon Is The Most Popular Bird, and Severe Exposure, but for the more 'lectro flavor, Law Of Ruins is the one. Kind of reminds me in bits of another band i loved(at least for one or two awesome records), Trans Am.

Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:08 pm
Walrus meat

This is fucking whacky. :tu: Funny how there seems to be a strange dance music leaning ubiquitously on this board.

Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]