View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
hey you punks. 
Scratch mixing the fossil record

Post hey you punks.
hey gents-- when'd this biz get back up and running, and WHY wasn't i informed.

you negligent fucks. :D

happy day all- hello again! tell me to fuck off if y' wish.. but i'm registered, and at least I'M glad to see y'all, if not the other way round :D

-d

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:28 am
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
Less/More: More
Post Re: hey you punks.
newholland wrote:
hey gents-- when'd this biz get back up and running, and WHY wasn't i informed.

you negligent fucks. :D

happy day all- hello again! tell me to fuck off if y' wish.. but i'm registered, and at least I'M glad to see y'all, if not the other way round :D

-d

OH SHIT. It is great to see you around these parts!

The last refugee camp (Tone Settings) suffered numerous technical troubles near the end, so torgeot, led the exodus to this new land. Our numbers have been fairly diminished over the travels, but the seven or eight people who posted most around the last place, did make it over here.

In general, this is a quieter forum, with a slower pace of posting.

So there isn't generally much going on here, but we are more than happy to have you on!

How the hell is your studiospace project going these days? Still in a waiting stage? What have you been recording recently? Anything new i haven't heard of yet?

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:47 am
Winston Wolf

ALSO. There is an offtopic/normaldiscussion forum that is invisible until you have enough posts. When he comes across this, Tor can fix your account so that you can see the forum, or alternately, you can post a few more and it will just sort of appear through the fog like Brigadoon...

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:50 am
The Cream Of The Crop

Welcome, guy with the vintage hi-fi gear obsession. :rawk:

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:04 pm
Winston Wolf

chris_d wrote:
ALSO. There is an offtopic/normaldiscussion forum that is invisible until you have enough posts. When he comes across this, Tor can fix your account so that you can see the forum, or alternately, you can post a few more and it will just sort of appear through the fog like Brigadoon...

He is now part of our consortium. You should be able to see all the forums now. Let me know if you can't

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:10 pm
Winston Wolf

also, I didn't have your email, I was taking everyone email once we had so many problems over at tonesettings, but somehow I never got yours.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:11 pm

gentlemen-

chris- nope-- still in a holding pattern, but JUST.. and i mean JUST finished the old crow LP from last summer (!).. did a full MASHtering final mix, 'cause they're not sure if its gonna get put out-- so it's ready to go from wav directly to internetz. really mean sounder of a record though-- although fighting with focusrite delayed us twice in gettin' er done.. fucking PACE antipiracy software is the devil. :mad:

anyhow-- nothing happening-- no funding, and still lookin' for work.

but i DID find this joint as snaxometry sent over the new recordings from goo-goo central.. so found them hosted here!

no worries, joey-- thanks for the email in the end-- glad to see everbody!

Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:07 pm
Winston Wolf

AH! What kind of crap was it with the PACE?

Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:31 pm

chris_d wrote:
AH! What kind of crap was it with the PACE?

ugh.. my .ilf file (the license) kept going corrupt. ALL of my masters for the last 2 years have the goddamn focusrite eq's-- and a few have their verb. anyhow-- the thing would corrupt WHILE i was working, or at random other times. i'd start up-- it'd work, and then it'd ask for the license file. :facepalm:

it all started after i updated the firmware-- and apparently, they didn't confer with PACE. frankly-- i'm the only person i KNOW who's successfully installed their plugins... which says something about either the intelligence of musicians OR that they put the barrier too fucking high for some plugins that aren't really all that hot shit to begin with. :D

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:07 am
Winston Wolf

Wow, that sucks. In the end what did you have to do to fix it? Another firmware update? Go back a step? Or, is it something that still pops up as an issue now?

Also: I totally completely fucking hate all anti-piracy software locks. Even if i had a line on a burly pro-tools rig, i might be inclined to just try to use the hardware with Reaper. :wall:

Folks who want free software get it. All protection schemes are cracked. Even the laziest freeloader has access to just about anything they want in a cracked form.

All that anti-piracy locks actually tend to do, out in the real world, is screw with actual customers. :mad:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:41 am
Winston Wolf

Chris has again shown his wisdom. Any thing is available if you really are going to be a pirating motherfucker. There would be less piracy if prices on some software were fucking reasonable. I'm not saying just recording/music software. I work in IT when I work on private computers, just about everyone has a illegal copy of something on their computers. [/rant]

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:25 pm

oh hell-- you know that's right. all they did was lose a customer, cause hell if there's not a million free vst's that're just as good, and better.

and this IS with reaper.. that's the bummer. i stay close to earth, that's for sure, 'cause there's no way i'm paying into protools. i'm sure there's plenty of ways to go-- but i make negative money recording, and operate largely on the karma principle (no money exchanged.. only microphones or other 'pay it forward' sorta stuff)-- so without THAT.. i kinda GOTTA stay low style 'cause there's never money in it for SOFTWARE.. sheesh.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:41 pm
Jeremiah Johnson

Fuck off.

Just kidding ,welcome. :rawk:

Indeed

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:32 am
Simethicone

Yes/No: Yes
newholland wrote:
frankly-- i'm the only person i KNOW who's successfully installed their plugins... which says something about either the intelligence of musicians OR that they put the barrier too fucking high for some plugins that aren't really all that hot shit to begin with. :D

I upgraded my operating system not too long ago and apparently this makes me no longer a registered user of the aforementioned plugins. This is just as well, as I never used them anyway. :lol: However, in their defense, Snow Leper fux0red all my plugins, and I still can't get Massey Tapehead, which I used quite a bit, to work. At least Logic runs faster now. :idk:

Also, we would have told you, but you never asked. :red:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:46 pm

Snaxocaster wrote:
newholland wrote:
frankly-- i'm the only person i KNOW who's successfully installed their plugins... which says something about either the intelligence of musicians OR that they put the barrier too fucking high for some plugins that aren't really all that hot shit to begin with. :D

I upgraded my operating system not too long ago and apparently this makes me no longer a registered user of the aforementioned plugins. This is just as well, as I never used them anyway. :lol: However, in their defense, Snow Leper fux0red all my plugins, and I still can't get Massey Tapehead, which I used quite a bit, to work. At least Logic runs faster now. :idk:

Also, we would have told you, but you never asked. :red:

DOH!

it's alright-- i know where you all live anyhow.. so i just followed you. :azn:

eh.. it's all gripery.. but i think into the future, i may use other eq's...

any recommendations on reaper's finest eq's, or is everyone using the resident stuff?

Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:18 am
Winston Wolf

I use the eq I pulled from wavelab, I got familiar with it, and I haz lazy, so there it is.

also, :mexican:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:16 am
Winston Wolf

I use Reaper ReaFIR on fucking EVERYTHING. You can set it as an EQ, a multiband compressor, a gate, a noise reduction jobber, shit is crazy.

Mostly i just use it as an EQ though.

The ONLY (potential) downside to it, is that it might be capable of too many things. Meaning, that unless you know exactly what the fuck you want to do with it, and use it for smaller changes(than it is capable of) you can get some really strange EQ effects out of it, sometimes breaking something that really only needs very little changing. Sometimes it is easier just to have pre-ranged bass/treble/mids knobs or sliders. Occasionally ReaFIR gets me into some (unintended) strange sound places.

Like this experiment, started as something else, but became this after experimenting with some heavy handed ReaFIRing:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... ID=9547315

You will hear the bass turn into something strange(and then return to normal at the end) and also: all of the guitar sounds are the same(i.e. what the fuzz break sounds like). There is an automated switching in of ReaFIR to sweep in a fucked up EQ setting that gives that odd ringy sound in the 'verse' parts.

But overall, even for "normal" eq-ing, HP/LP/scoop etc, i like the VST, because it gives the accurate sort of view of a paragraphic, but with what i find to be much more easy control. :idk:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:53 am

hey now.. which of you mods managed to put the hideous lie that i like behringer in my biz to the left... :mob: fibbers, the lot of y'.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:25 pm
Best Supporting Actress

newholland wrote:
hey now.. which of you mods managed to put the hideous lie that i like behringer in my biz to the left... :mob: fibbers, the lot of y'.

I'm not a mod, but I'm glad they did it :cop:

This forum needs more Behringer love.

Einige aßen Fisch und einige aßen Tiere

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
Winston Wolf

newholland wrote:

I thought you lubs teh Behringer?

Actually that will make you post moar. It automatically changes once you make more posts. I give custom titles once you hit around 100-200 posts. We can always make an exception for special, um, favors :eyebrows:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]