View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 9161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 459  Next
Blog/tweet about shit in your life here 
Walrus meat

Post Re: Blog/tweet about shit in your life here
Tyrannosaurus Reich wrote:
I have been places that still have those signs up.

In all fairness, these are the kinds of places most "colored" are trying to avoid anyway.

Living in the south has really made me appreciate being white.

Being white has made me appreciate being white.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:28 pm
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
Less/More: More
chris_d wrote:
Also recorded a bunch of drums and decided: I am not happy with how anything sounds right now...

...i don't really like the way any of the other mics i have are sounding on anything right now. Just kind of dull and shitty on one end of the spectrum, and harsh and shitty on the other end.

Interesting factoid. State of mind wildly affects how i perceive the quality of things. Listening back to these drums, there is little to nothing wrong with them. Floor tom needs to be tuned though.

It is not Abbey Road Studio Two or anything, but it is not *that* fucked up either.

I do wish i had more channels in my interface though. Eight is really pushing it for a five piece drumset. I would have to make some crappy compromises to record with a live guitar, which is something on the horizon that i will have to figure out. :dick:

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:05 pm
Jeremiah Johnson

Brown pride!

Indeed

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:57 am
Rocco Siffredi

Yes/No: Yes
Moved back into my dorm this morning. Walked in, dropped my bags, and realized they gave me a roommate. :hitler:

His stuff is here but he's been out all morning. God damnit. I was hoping I could fly by this semester without a roommate. :poop:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:43 pm
Best Supporting Actress

Aw that sucks?

Like dormy dorm?

Or like, seperate rooms shared living quarters dorm?

Einige aßen Fisch und einige aßen Tiere

Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
Guaranteed to cure tapeworm

got my solid state drive installed.
Smoothest, quickest installation ever. I swear, from putting the windows disk in, to logging in, could not have been more than like 15-20 minutes.

LOADS SO FAST! :D

oh and its an almost perfect 25 seconds from pushing power to logging in. I could shorten it by reducing the bios screen delay times, but if i do it will be hard to get back into bios :lol:

I liek techno https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMofdWLZPqs

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:41 pm
Winston Wolf

Nicey. Are those fuckers starting to drop in price yet?

I love the idea of quiet drives. Don't know how the heat would get along in my laptop, but i like the basic concept of it a lot.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:57 pm
The Cream Of The Crop

What kind of power requirement does an SS drive have?

My current PC's wimpy power supply is having trouble running one 500 gig 7200 RPM drive + all the other shit in there... would it be low enough to where I wouldn't have to worry about random PSU related shutdowns?

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:48 pm
Winston Wolf

metalfanat1c wrote:

My current PC's wimpy power supply is having trouble running one 500 gig 7200 RPM drive + all the other shit in there... would it be low enough to where I wouldn't have to worry about random PSU related shutdowns?

What wattage is the power supply? Do you have some kind of beastly video card in there? I wouldn't expect any hard drive to make or break even a wimpy PSU.

Random shutdowns seem more likely to be RAM, Overheating, or video card, problems. :idk:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:57 pm

chris_d wrote:

I love the idea of quiet drives. Don't know how the heat would get along in my laptop, but i like the basic concept of it a lot.

Yeha they are.

And dont worry about hte heat. A regular drive generates MUCH more heat than an SSD. Much more.

metalfanat1c wrote:

At peak load, ssd's take up about 1.8 watts, compared to a regular HDD's 5-11 watts.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:05 pm
The Cream Of The Crop

390w... I'm running 2 gigs of factory RAM, a Radeon HD2400 pro, and the aforementioned hard drive.

I get the impression that my PSU is failing... because I have to keep the side off the case and a fan aimed right at the PSU if I want to do anything remotely CPU/GPU intensive, or it merely shuts off. Literally, no blue screen, nothing... just turns right off as if I unplugged the power cable.
teh_bleeding wrote:
chris_d wrote:

Yeha they are.

And dont worry about hte heat. A regular drive generates MUCH more heat than an SSD. Much more.

metalfanat1c wrote:

At peak load, ssd's take up about 1.8 watts, compared to a regular HDD's 5-11 watts.

Well, that's not enough for me to even ponder about.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:06 pm
Winston Wolf

teh_bleeding wrote:
And dont worry about the heat. A regular drive generates MUCH more heat than an SSD. Much more.

Inneresting. I thought i remembered reading the opposite? :idk:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:07 pm

metalfanat1c wrote:
390w... I'm running 2 gigs of factory RAM, a Radeon HD2400 pro, and the aforementioned hard drive.

I get the impression that my PSU is failing... because I have to keep the side off the case and a fan aimed right at the PSU if I want to do anything remotely CPU/GPU intensive, or it merely shuts off. Literally, no blue screen, nothing... just turns right off as if I unplugged the power cable.

what brand of psu?
plus, 390 is really low wattage for a computer with a dedicated video card. I generally reocmmend a minimum of 500 for GPU systems. :nods:

chris_d wrote:

Inneresting. I thought i remembered reading the opposite? :idk:

well, theres less power consumption, and no moving parts. I dunno, i just touched all my harddrives ( :eyebrows: ) and the SSD is the coolest.

It also has to do with the controllers and stuff. The old indellinx drives are way out of date, and sandforce and intel are taking the game.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:11 pm
Winston Wolf

metalfanat1c wrote:

When was the last time you took the heat sinks off and cleaned out dust and all from them and their fanblades?

Shutdowns like that, in my experience have generally stemmed from either dust accumulation/overheating on the CPU, north bridge, or video card, or from a failing motherboard.

My experience with bad PSUs, is that they either work, or don't work. There has been no intermittent in between in the four or so that i have killed over the years. :red:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:11 pm
Winston Wolf

teh_bleeding wrote:
plus, 390 is really low wattage for a computer with a dedicated video card. I generally reocmmend a minimum of 500 for GPU systems. :nods:

I don't know, isn't that one about contemporary with the Geforce 8800s?

390w should be okay for that type of card, i would think, if it is a decent brand's "390w".

Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:17 pm

chris_d wrote:

When was the last time you took the heat sinks off and cleaned out dust and all from them and their fanblades?

Shutdowns like that, in my experience have generally stemmed from either dust accumulation/overheating on the CPU, north bridge, or video card, or from a failing motherboard.

My experience with bad PSUs, is that they either work, or don't work. There has been no intermittent in between in the four or so that i have killed over the years. :red:

heh heh heh. I've seen powersupplies burst into flames.
now if only i could remember the brand :D

I know my girlfriend has one, but she has a 1000 watt powersupply for a system that draws 400, so she should be safe for a while.

chris_d wrote:
teh_bleeding wrote:

I don't know isn't that one about contemporary with the Geforce 8800s? 390w should be okay for that type of card, i would think, if it is a decent brand's "390w".

I used a 640 watter for my 8800gtx. My buddy would not go below 500w for his 8800gt. I dunno, i just dont feel safe if i dont have 100 watts breathing room incase its a dud supply, and with a 390w supply under load, you dont have much breathing room. Especially if your room is hot, or your computer gets dusty.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:20 pm
Winston Wolf

Yeah, i don't remember exactly. Back then, i opted to run my system with a Leadtek 6800GT into the ground rather than upgrade, ended up skipping over the 8000 end of the series entirely. Hell, i ran that card on a 300w PSU, almost made it into 2009 with it. :red:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:28 pm
The Cream Of The Crop

teh_bleeding wrote:
what brand of psu?

I have a slim case... my options are quite limited. I have no clue what brand the PSU is... it came in this PC when I bought it 3 or 4 years ago.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:35 pm
Best Supporting Actress

I do not like these slim cases you speak of.

Einige aßen Fisch und einige aßen Tiere

Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:53 pm
Profile WWW
Rocco Siffredi

Yes/No: Yes
Tyrannosaurus Reich wrote:
Aw that sucks?

Like dormy dorm?

Or like, seperate rooms shared living quarters dorm?

This place is a renovated hotel turned into dorm rooms. My old roommate moved out and I had the place to myself for a while, but the guys in charge are dickheads and sent someone to live with me.

My room is just one big rectangle room with a bathroom. :poop:

I was thinking of playing reruns of The Wonder Years on nonstop until he moves out.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 459  Next