View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 3:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 9161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 459  Next
Blog/tweet about shit in your life here 
Simethicone

Yes/No: Yes
Less/More: More
Post Re: Blog/tweet about shit in your life here
Sardocasm wrote:
How about that deep down (really deep), you think tangerine is the new mauve.

Tangerines.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:37 am
Simethicone

I have shut off the AC30 and am going home for the evening. I don't have to be up until 10:30 or so. I think I will make quesadillas. :hi:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:47 am
Tsardocasm

That sounds delectable. Are you going to post pictures of this creation pre-consumption?

Member Of The Radium Water Gentleman's League Of Luxury.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:57 am
Pendulous

Post them edibles!

http://nachtmuse.bandcamp.com/
http://vesication.bandcamp.com/
https://divideconquer.bandcamp.com/
(I also play in a band called Human Compost but our bandcamp is banned)

Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:20 am
Rocco Siffredi

Well....I made a great first impression on my roommate last night. :poop:

I was drunk (really trashed) in the room with Alex and my other friend Jay. Out of nowhere new roommate pops in. I really can't even remember what I said to him, but I'm pretty sure I was being a dickhead. Eh, I apologized this morning for being a retarded fuck and he said "It's ok, don't worry about it."

He said he doesn't drink a lot so I hope this doesn't become a problem. :idk: :D

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:04 am
Rocco Siffredi

metalfanat1c wrote:
chris_d wrote:
Snaxocaster wrote:
I want a mulligan or "do-over" at life.

Fucking THIS.

I have made a lot of stupid choices at various forks in the road. And what i am stuck with today... is kind of shit.

This.

Yeah same here. I fucked up some things BIG time. If in 2006 I could see what I'm like now, I'd never believe it.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:07 am
Winston Wolf

As the elder here, who has most likely made way more mistakes than any two of you, I can forcefully say you can reinvent yourself many times over. I can say it can be terrible to get to that spot which I see a few of you are at now. Chris, I spend the better part of 3-4 years being hobo and it wasn't very long ago, I did get lucky and started a 3rd career and made a few lucky choices.

This is odd to see a mirror of my life in so many of you. I spent much time keep people at a distance because they had either done so much and being a musician trying to explain to them what I had been doing.. they just don't get it. How can you explain to a stock broker, banker, manager of what-the-fuck-ever that you are actually doing something with music.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:22 am
Michael Anthony Fanclub President

I'm also in the "I want to start afresh" phase at the minute. I really did pick the wrong degree/career path (media/tv/film industry which is absolutely impossible to get into unless you know someone) and thus feel as though I've wasted 3 years of my life at university. The problem is I don't know what I'd rather be doing, but I really need a proper job, working freelance is rubbish as I can't move away from home due to lack of stability.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:57 am
Winston Wolf

Bass_Destroyer wrote:
He said he doesn't drink a lot so I hope this doesn't become a problem. :idk: :D

No problem, built in designated drive is awesome.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:17 pm

I'm watching Star Wars Episodes I-III, currently on Episode II: Attack of the Clones. This shit sucks. The acting is even worse than the "proper" trilogy and the stories are long and boring.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:06 pm
Best Supporting Actress

El-Todgo wrote:
I'm also in the "I want to start afresh" phase at the minute. I really did pick the wrong degree/career path (media/tv/film industry which is absolutely impossible to get into unless you know someone) and thus feel as though I've wasted 3 years of my life at university. The problem is I don't know what I'd rather be doing, but I really need a proper job, working freelance is rubbish as I can't move away from home due to lack of stability.

Yep.

I'm in the 4th year of the same industry, just the writing side, and am pretty much facing zero job prospects at the moment.

But I went the Comm/Journalism route, so I can always sell out for a day job working in a ... :cry: ... consulting firm. Or working the local newspaper gig, work my way up. Maybe try to get a job at a magazine, writing or writing ads.

As far as getting into the TV/Entertainment industry, nothing is really certain. I am just trying to get a bunch of things together to call a portfolio so I can whore myself out to get a job.

:cry:

And:

http://redlettermedia.com/phantom_menace.html
http://redlettermedia.com/clones.html
http://redlettermedia.com/sith.html

These silly and looong (as long as the films themselves) reviews are hilarious, but also make a stupid amount of valid points.

I may even end up having to try and get a writing gig

Einige aßen Fisch und einige aßen Tiere

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:23 pm
Profile WWW

I must have applied for at least 60-80 jobs since graduating last July, and have only had about 6 interviews, 2 of which weren't really the kind of job I was looking for, just applied on a whim :facepalm: Waiting to hear back about the thing I interviewed for last week but I don't think I did very well :red:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:30 pm
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
Dev, as a writer, i think you are probably right. Best to just jump in and start creating a shitload of spec work. Build a body of solid work, a youtube empire, a successful funnyblog, whatever.

It keeps you from getting complacent/stale with your production, and the better/bigger you get, the more likely someone is going to come knocking with a gig. I get the feeling that over the top motivation is largely what gets people working in the writing/entertainment field.

There are a lot of people with degrees in those fields. What is going to catch the attention of the people hiring, is someone who is clearly trying to injure themselves with an ambitious production level.

You know, if you all of a sudden did have a job in the industry tomorrow, your production level would need to be very high, right out of the gate. Deadlines and required new material continually needing to flow. Makes sense to try to ramp up to that level of productivity as close as possible right now, get it in you brain, into your habit.

The main thing, IMO is to keep running. A year after you graduate, you don't want to be showing 90% of stuff you created in you last couple semesters of school. You want to be moving forward from there, forcefully and obviously.

In my useless hobo opinion, anyhow. Clearly, i did not follow this path myself, out of school. That would be one for the do-over button. :red:

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:06 pm
Walrus meat

I had a fairly deep conversation with a homie last night completely about this thread and how much it terrifies me because I see so much of myself/my tendencies in you gentlemen.
:lol:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:43 pm
Pendulous

Broseidon wrote:
I had a fairly deep conversation with a homie last night completely about this thread and how much it terrifies me because I see so much of myself/my tendencies in you gentlemen.

The thing is, we complain about the things we've done wrong and would like a second chance at.

You still have it all ahead of you. So take a lesson from us and don't fuck up! :mad:

http://nachtmuse.bandcamp.com/
http://vesication.bandcamp.com/
https://divideconquer.bandcamp.com/
(I also play in a band called Human Compost but our bandcamp is banned)

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:18 pm
Best Supporting Actress

YEAH CAMERON.

PAY OUR BILLS.

Einige aßen Fisch und einige aßen Tiere

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
Walrus meat

Unstrung wrote:
Broseidon wrote:

The thing is, we complain about the things we've done wrong and would like a second chance at.

You still have it all ahead of you. So take a lesson from us and don't fuck up! :mad:

But I/we/you wouldn't be who I/we/you are if I/we/you did things correctly the first time (or ever).
:D

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:28 pm
Jeremiah Johnson

Tyrannosaurus Reich wrote:
YEAH CAMERON.

PAY OUR BILLS.

Obamas got that covered!

Indeed

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:42 pm
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
Broseidon wrote:
But I/we/you wouldn't be who I/we/you are if I/we/you did things correctly the first time (or ever).
:D

Not true. Failing at stuff, and then failing to overcome previous failures, does not have too many positive effects.

There is no "wait it out" in real life. You need to fix shit you want fixed, NOW. Otherwise you get older and complacent or depressive, and then you will start to forget that you are actually capable of undoing it, at any time. Forgetting that you can do it, is the worst thing ever. Trying to remotivate once the unmotivation habit is really entrenched, well, i often doubt that i can do it. I feel better about some stuff than i did a few years ago, worse about other stuff. I need a lot more movement to fix what i broke.

Keep dangerous, keep motivated, keep hungry, keep going.

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:44 pm
Walrus meat

I'll try my best, mang..
But it ain't easy being green.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 459  Next