View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
GAMER THREAD, the new fuckin 
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
Less/More: More
Post Re: GAMER THREAD, the new fuckin
And now, add also to the list, Deux Ex Human Revolution. Three bucks man.

It took me a while to get to Sardocasm's recommendation of this one, but i did get there eventually.

Even though i probably won't get to actually playing it until like december. :red:

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:49 pm
Henry Kissinger

For those of you with xbox live good accounts - assassins creed 2 is currently free so get yo' asses on it

Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:29 am
Michael Anthony Fanclub President

Anyone played much of the latest Tomb Raider? I've just had a bit of a session on it and it's so awesome. Really immersive and so much fun.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:25 pm
Winston Wolf

Is that one a 3rd person perspective like the older ones?

Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:15 pm

Ah yeah it is, I forgot you didn't get on with 3rd person stuff. It's really good though, slow motion bow & arrow wolf fight is just one of the highlights :rawk:

plus it starts with an indiana jones-esque cave escape. I think you'd need a 360 pad to get the most out of it though, wouldn't be the same on maus + keyboard.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:12 am
Winston Wolf

I actually wonder if that (using a usb controller) might make me enjoy more of the 3rd person games anyhow. Controlling them FPS-style, just doesn't seem to work for me.

But yarr, historically, the tomb raider games have been ones that i would rather watch played than play myself. Mainly because of the view perspective. :red:

Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:19 am

Yeah I prefer 3rd person on a pad. Mouse + keyboard just feels wrong.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:57 am
Best Supporting Actress

El-Todgo wrote:
Rogue Legacy is awesome and 20% off at the minute. It's definitely the best/most addictive platformer I've played in ages. It has RPG elements as well.

Yeah I'm playing that one now. Hard as shit.

Einige aßen Fisch und einige aßen Tiere

Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:28 am
Profile WWW
Pendulous

My cousin from Calgary is over. We ended playing a session of Chrono Trigger, up to the point where you first go to the post-apocalyptic future.

So I know this is generally all I ever say when it comes to video games, but fuck, 1994 was a great fucking year for video games.

http://nachtmuse.bandcamp.com/
http://vesication.bandcamp.com/
https://divideconquer.bandcamp.com/
(I also play in a band called Human Compost but our bandcamp is banned)

Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:55 pm
Best Supporting Actress

Retro City Rampage is some fantastic old-school GTA goodness. I highly recommend it.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:04 pm
Profile WWW

Played about 5 minutes of Penumbra: Black Plague before I decided "fuck that" and turned it off to be never played again. Scary as fuck :red:

Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:09 pm
Pendulous

I didn't even need to watch the show to enjoy this.

http://nachtmuse.bandcamp.com/
http://vesication.bandcamp.com/
https://divideconquer.bandcamp.com/
(I also play in a band called Human Compost but our bandcamp is banned)

Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:27 pm
Winston Wolf

Man, i keep on buying video games that i don't have the time or motivation to play. :red:

Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Far Cry 3... Hardly played dishonored at all, though i think i will like it. Played a bit of Bioshock ∞, and am liking it less than i expected to. Has kind of the repetition of the first two, but so far, not the immersion or in general, the story. A LOT of familiar plotlines so far though, so far a bit too familiar. I will eventually play it the rest of the way through and see. Haven't even started FC3 a single time yet, though it looks swell(i may have trouble running it on this laptop/vidcard though, we'll see). :red:

Even with this not-really-playing-games-at-all thing in mind, i am considering pre-ordering the new Thief game. :facepalm:

Because to me, that shit looks fucking awesome. Even if they seemed to have dumbed down some of the mechanics(i like that they have returned the rope arrow, but it looks like they decided to make it like a damn quicktime event, pre-arranging very specifically where you can shoot the things. I preferred the old one's "if it is wooden, you can put a rope arrow in it" style of openness.) the rest of everything looks very much like they have been paying attention to what people who thought the original two games were just about the best games ever made(raises hand), have been asking for in a new one, and how they expect/hope it will be presented.

Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:01 am
Best Supporting Actress

chris_d wrote:
Man, i keep on buying video games that i don't have the time or motivation to play. :red:

Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Far Cry 3... Hardly played dishonored at all, though i think i will like it. Played a bit of Bioshock ∞, and am liking it less than i expected to. Has kind of the repetition of the first two, but so far, not the immersion or in general, the story. A LOT of familiar plotlines so far though, so far a bit too familiar. I will eventually play it the rest of the way through and see. Haven't even started FC3 a single time yet, though it looks swell(i may have trouble running it on this laptop/vidcard though, we'll see). :red:

Even with this not-really-playing-games-at-all thing in mind, i am considering pre-ordering the new Thief game. :facepalm:

Because to me, that shit looks fucking awesome. Even if they seemed to have dumbed down some of the mechanics(i like that they have returned the rope arrow, but it looks like they decided to make it like a damn quicktime event, pre-arranging very specifically where you can shoot the things. I preferred the old one's "if it is wooden, you can put a rope arrow in it" style of openness.) the rest of everything looks very much like they have been paying attention to what people who thought the original two games were just about the best games ever made(raises hand), have been asking for in a new one, and how they expect/hope it will be presented.

:cop: https://www.humblebundle.com/

*cough*

I've been playing a lot of TF2 still, it is just exactly what I want in an FPS and I can run it on the shit-top I am using currently. Clocked 373 hours so far ...

I have also been playing Starbound a bunch recently. It's essentially Terraria 2.0 but they have been really receptive to player input as they finish development (it's in beta, and pretty much totally playable with a few bugs and not super newbie friendly. I die a lot, a whole lot.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:04 am
Profile WWW
Guaranteed to cure tapeworm

I just got Strike Suit Zero.

Very good low dosage game. You're a space fighter that can transform into a space robot and shoot lasers and missiles and shit. Its VERY colorful, has a decent enough learning curve to prevent it from being boring, and you can get some sweet combos.

Paid like 3$ for it on the steam sale. I do recommend.

I liek techno https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMofdWLZPqs

Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:15 am
Winston Wolf

So, i have gotten a chance to play Far Cry 3 now, and it is fucking sweet.

It makes Crytek look like lazy fucks with their graphics optimizations. 4A Games, too.

The acting is bizarrely good for a FPS/videogame, especially for the bad guys, particularly Vaas, whom the game should really be about, IMO.

The environment takes what FC2 did well, and fixes 90% of what it did badly. Straddles well, the line between the impracticality of making a properly gigantic map that is realistically unique over every millimeter of its mass, and the necessary re-use of structures and elements to make sure that a game will actually be built/finished/released.

So far it is my favorite of my new acquisitions. I remain somewhat disappointed in Bioshock , and i really haven't even gotten very far into Dishonored yet at all. I think i will like Dishonored more as i spend more time with it and become more comfortable with the mechanics of using the things they have built into the engine, but for the time being, Far Cry 3 has basically been enjoyable right from the start.

Well, that is, aside from the COMPLETELY FUCKING IDIOTIC UPLAY LAUNCHER PROGRAM THAT THEY BUILT INTO THE FUCKING FRONT END OF THE GAME. Seriously, why do developers feel so goddamned strongly that just because the technology for it exists, that they need to fucking shove MORE advertisements at me, in real time in a fucking game, THAT I HAVE ALREADY PAID MONEY FOR? I am willing to take this shit from Steam, because someone at Valve at least seems to understand where and when to interrupt the process to try to sell something to you. Uplay is, on the other hand, completely fucking useless, and if anything, actually seems to conflict with Steam. And it is certainly, quite buggy. The bugs actually seem to stem, unsurprisingly, directly from the Uplay launcher's attempts to make continual contact with its own servers to ensure that i will be provided with a steady stream of advertisements? What the everliving fuck is wrong with these assholes?

Once the actual game actually gets running though, it is great. :lol:

Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:41 pm
Best Supporting Actress

chris_d wrote:
Seriously, why do developers feel so goddamned strongly that just because the technology for it exists, that they need to fucking shove MORE advertisements at me, in real time in a fucking game, THAT I HAVE ALREADY PAID MONEY FOR?

I was gonna say how that is probably the publishers fault and not the developers, but then I remembered FC3 was developed and published by Ubisoft ...

Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:35 pm
Profile WWW
Winston Wolf

Yeah, and this is one of those things that is so totally built into the menu system of the game, that the developer definitely would have had to have had a hand in its construction.

It is just, Valve also has this functionality in L4D2(and probably others of theirs that i don't have), but i never got the feeling they are trying to fucking cram the shit down your throat like this.

The worst, absolute worst of this type of shit though, is the crap in Dirt 3. That game could be soooooooo much more enjoyable, if they had just stuck to its cars and physics(both good), and cut the fucking bullshit of trying to sell so much shit INSIDE THE GAME.

THAT I BOUGHT.

WITH MONEY.

ALREADY.

FUCK.

Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:48 pm
Best Supporting Actress

Team Fortress has stuff you can buy, but it mostly aesthetic stuff (like the infamous hats, god I love hats) that you can either craft/randomly find in-game. DOTA2 has the same thing, except it is all aesthetic stuff and it can only be bought, totally optional and doesn't effect gameplay. I think CS:GO also has aesthetic stuff as well.

Basically, Valve games only sell extra shit in game, that is totally optional, unobtrusive and doesn't break gameplay (like pay-to-win bullshit).

Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:25 am
Profile WWW
Winston Wolf

Bought Metro:Last Light, mainly because of how much i ended up (not fully expectedly) liking the first one, and as i expected this time around, i can barely run the thing on my now-getting-long-in-the-toof GTX260M.

When set to UltraHigh/Slideshow, you can see that it looks amazing, but i really don't understand why they can't do a better job at ANY of the lower detail settings. It is definitely no small gap between everything full on, and every one of of the other graphics settings. It looks like two different games, which just strikes me as a bit lazy on the developer's part. Oh well, i am not going to be in the market for a PC/laptop upgrade capable of making this much of a difference, any time soon, so for now i will be looking at the considerably less pretty version of Metro:Last Light. :fistshake:

Or rather: Image

or Image

or Image

Probably #2.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next