View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 12:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Any tips from bros about moving and downsizing? 
Guaranteed to cure tapeworm

Post Any tips from bros about moving and downsizing?
HAY LONG TIME NO SEE! My life has been busy, but I figured i'd go to the only place i can trust for solid advice: here.

So I signed a lease last week and move tomorrow. Guna be ballin. :rawk:

Downside: the mesa standard slant 4x12 can't come. And i might not have a place for my beloved Marshal 30th Anniversary... My room is 10x13', so i will barely squeeze a desk, bed (futon lol), and a dresser in there. Common areas are small, and i don't want my nice shit out there. I'll be living with two girls who don't understand gear haha.

Any of you nomadic bros have tips? I was thinking of trying to trade the mesa for an orange 2x12 + monays, and outright selling the 30th anniversary. regretsy.exe engage

I liek techno https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMofdWLZPqs

Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:34 pm
Rocco Siffredi

Yes/No: Yes
Post Re: Any tips from bros about moving and downsizing?
Wait wait wait.

You're living with two chicks?

Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:46 pm
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
Less/More: More
HEYO T_B! :D

I kenna help i am afraid. I am 100% terrible about downsizing. I do exactly the opposite. My living space is essentially a solid mass of collected items, instruments, and tools. :red:

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.

Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:36 am
Winston Wolf

You are downsizing if you trade, but do you need to watch volume and are you gigging in the near future? Can the Orange do bedroom volume whilst living with ladies? This may be a consideration. Not many chick dig a dude running an amp loud in their spaces.

Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:19 pm
The guy from the place with the thing. The one with the stuff.

Get a modeler with the cash in the trade. No one home, rock away. Roommates home? Modeler. Everyone is happy!

Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:38 pm
Guaranteed to cure tapeworm

Bass_Destroyer wrote:
Wait wait wait.

You're living with two chicks?

Yes. One is a longtime friend. Other is her friend's sister. They both like me, but have both started annoying eachother. And i'm all like. :snax:
But all in all, both great gals.

chris_d wrote:
HEYO T_B! :D

I kenna help i am afraid. I am 100% terrible about downsizing. I do exactly the opposite. My living space is essentially a solid mass of collected items, instruments, and tools. :red:

Lawl. I guess you can afford to hoard delicious succulent gear when you dont have toronto real estate prices. We're renting half a house, 2nd and 3rd floor, 1500 sq ft, for $2100/month plus utilities.

torgeot wrote:
You are downsizing if you trade, but do you need to watch volume and are you gigging in the near future? Can the Orange do bedroom volume whilst living with ladies? This may be a consideration. Not many chick dig a dude running an amp loud in their spaces.

They both know i play and have an extremely loud amp that I built. I'm not going to be a dick about it though, i'll play loud when theyre out. Plus my sunnclone blew a powertube and some capacitors so shes down for the count :poop:

But yeah, the downsize would be to fit the cabinet in my room. As it is, the mesa is too damn big. I figure if i get a 2x12 i can put it on my dresser to make more floor space.

knope wrote:
Get a modeler with the cash in the trade. No one home, rock away. Roommates home? Modeler. Everyone is happy!

AW HELL NAW. I didnt sell my line6 and learn to build tube amps just to ditch the tewbs and get another line 6 :lol:
But in all seriousness, the sunnclone is 60 watts with 6550's. At conversation levels it still gets very nice and grindy so i dont have to worry about headphones or modelers.

I liek techno https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMofdWLZPqs

Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:36 am
The guy from the place with the thing. The one with the stuff.

If it sounds good at low volume then buy all means build another one with the extra cash! Or booze, booze is never the wrong answer :beer:

Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]