View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
can someone id this for me 
Morrissey

Post can someone id this for me
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/msg/2644627688.html

It looks like it could be a M-100, if so, isn't that a killer deal? someone help me with identifying this thing?

Apparently I am not allowed to put gear in my sig :idk:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:34 pm
Simethicone

Yes/No: Yes
Less/More: More
Post Re: can someone id this for me
No, but I can ego or superego it for you. :red:

It does look like an M100.

I'd go for an M3 personally; word on the street is it's the closest sound-wise to the B3 and you can score 'em for 250-350 on CL all day long. There was a rash of them around here lately, and I totally would have snagged one if I could figure a way to get the thing up the stairs. :lol: That and a proper piano. I'm pretty set on synths.

Double-and-triple examining it and yeah, M100. Thought it might be an L100 at first glance but the top row is off from that. Fairly positive it's an M100. For a hundred bucks? :tu:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:52 pm
Morrissey

Snaxocaster wrote:
No, but I can ego or superego it for you. :red:

It does look like an M100.

I'd go for an M3 personally; word on the street is it's the closest sound-wise to the B3 and you can score 'em for 250-350 on CL all day long. There was a rash of them around here lately, and I totally would have snagged one if I could figure a way to get the thing up the stairs. :lol: That and a proper piano. I'm pretty set on synths.

Double-and-triple examining it and yeah, M100. Thought it might be an L100 at first glance but the top row is off from that. Fairly positive it's an M100. For a hundred bucks? :tu:

M100 is the organ Richard Wright used in Pink Floyd live during 70-71 or so right? I would definitely like to get it, it's a good price and it's always good to have a Hammon laying around IMO. My only concern is like you said where the fuck I'd keep it and :P and plus I lack a Leslie

Apparently I am not allowed to put gear in my sig :idk:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:07 pm
Simethicone

Yes/No: Yes
Less/More: More
As much as the B3 is the "classic" Hammond the others aren't exactly bad kit and you can score those for damn near nothing. And the Rick Wright thing raises a valid fact- a lot of classic organ sounds are not B3s even when they are Hammonds.

Re: Leslie, the bassist in my old goth-metal band had a... I think a Wurlitzer that had a rotary speaker built-in. That was fun. So I don't know if the apparatus is out there in some form on the fairly-cheap. It may be. (A proper Leslie is some bucks.) There's always the Motion Sound cab or just running it into pedals... under the assumption you're probably going to run it into a guitar amp anyhow. (Which is a totally valid way to roll. See: Jon Lord, etc.) With a proper rotary cab, you run into the problem of... well, micing the thing.

Having a way to get the wobblysound is imperative, I think, though, even if through a pedal. It's a great sound, idiosyncratic of and idiomatic to the instrument, and part of doing the Hammond thing properly is manipulating the sound of it.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]