View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Achtung! I need a new controller keyboard. 
Simethicone

Yes/No: Yes
Less/More: More
Post Achtung! I need a new controller keyboard.
:snax:

So: I've been having issues with the pitch/mod joystick on my Novation. As in it constantly sends random pitch and modulation messages. This is getting to be seriously irritating. As in unusable.

I never got on with the kinda flimsy unweighted synth action anyhow.

So: I'm looking for a new controller. I realize this isn't a synth player's forum, but I figured I'd ask anyhow, if anyone's run into anything decent with a sturdy build quality and semi-weighted action.

Looking at the Novation SL MKII series (though it appears to have the same joystick...), Akai MPK2 series (for cred in the hiphop world, natch), Arturia Keylab (which has perhaps the only bundled software I'd bother with, the Analoglab softsynth) and taking a peek at the new Alesis VI series. Musician's Fiend has the 61 key marked down to a buck sixty-nine at the moment, which if nothing else is cheap. Not a ton of features, but it does have semi-weighted keys and a set of drum pads.

There's the notion of finding a synth with USB, but anything I'd actually use- this is for home, not live work- is probably out of budget. I'm not concerned at all with realistic instrument sounds, as I have Kontakt for that.

Any thoughts? :idk:

Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:35 pm
Winston Wolf

Post Re: Achtung! I need a new controller keyboard.
The only thing I can add to this is I have an Alesis micron. The build quality on that is nice and I beat the shit out of it on the road and left it at a venue one night and the guy mailed it back to me so it did hold up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]