NG27D

Moderator: Devtron

NG27D

Postby Zozobra » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:09 am

Today is new G27 day. I've wanted a good pc racing wheel for a while now.
God bless you black Friday sales!

Now I need to work out how to interface it with my 360 wheel stand pro...
Zozobra
Henry Kissinger

Re: NG27D

Postby chris_d » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:24 am

Ah yes. I have wanted one of those for quite a while now. Mainly i want the clutch/shifter, but supposedly the wheel gear mechanism is much quieter than my old DFP as well, which would be fantastic.

I don't do driving/sim games often enough to be able justify springing for another wheel though. :mad:

Still want/willprobablybuy one though. :red:
STOP FIXING ROCK RECORDS.

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.
chris_d
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
Less/More: More

Postby Zozobra » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:56 am

I'm going to get back into racing games. I was in a Forza UK league for a while but I left after some of the people who ran it became elitist douches :hitler:
I was bitterly disappointed to find out that MS never bothered making FF drivers for the 360 wheel as it was a decent enough wheel. It was originally sold as pc compatible with FF drivers in the pipeline.

Anyway, A G27 for £149. I couldn't say no. The clutch and H shifter are cool additions as is the full 900° rotation feature. It will make playing Assetto Corsa a great deal more engaging and it's not far until the launch of Project Cars which looks fucking awesome. I may pick up F1 2011 again for shits and giggles. It must cost nothing now.

My friend also pointed out that it will be pretty fucking cool for GTA V in first person mode haha!
Zozobra
Henry Kissinger

Postby chris_d » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:37 pm

Yeah, my now-ancient logi DFP was one of the first shots fired in the whole 900º wheel in a widely available commercial product thing.

For evaluating the realism of driving/sim physics, i still think that 900º is the bare minimum a wheel/pedal set needs.

As for driving games, i did wind up grabbing Assetto Corsa, but while it is good, i didn't find the responsiveness of the tire model to be quite up to kuno's earlier efforts with netKar and netKarPro, and so i didn't find it as addictive to just run endless laps in it. It has less wonky bugs in the slip angles, but it almost seems like in order to kill the bugs he had to make the tires a little too easy-going and less communicative.

I don't know though, i just used to be such a massive driving sim nerd that i cannot just shut it off long enough to simply sit back and play/enjoy things anymore. Stupid little shit just continually pops out to me as wrong/weird in pretty much everything i have tried lately. It is kind of annoying actually, because i used to just enjoy driving pretty much absolutely anything. Somewhere along the line i became such an elitish sim asshole that nothing drives right to me except for like maybe GPL and just a couple of other sims in which usually only one of the cars seems correctly done to me(GTL, RBR, a bunch of others).

At this point, where i no longer have any desire to develop for sims/games, i would vastly prefer to return to some earlier stage in my existence, where i could just have fun driving virtually again, without getting all fucking nitpicky about overly-rudimentary suspension models and low speed slip angles. :red:
STOP FIXING ROCK RECORDS.

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.
chris_d
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
Less/More: More

Postby Zozobra » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:28 am

I shall try and avoid said pitfalls!
It's going to take a while to learn how to race with a clutch and shifter. I spent a good hour last night pootling around monza in a Fiat 500 trying to get the hang of down shifting under braking without destroying the gearbox :lol:
Zozobra
Henry Kissinger

Postby Zozobra » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:03 pm

I have now got this clutch and H shifter business figured out and I may well be faster as a result. This has taken many hours of not being very good :poop:
Zozobra
Henry Kissinger

Return to Video