View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Xaviere 
Winston Wolf

Post Xaviere
Damn a small but not very traveler guitar, perfect for having at work. Dammit stop making shit I want

Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:30 am
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
Less/More: More
Post Re: Xaviere
Seriously, saw that the other day. Pretty cool.

What i really want from them though, is for them to start carrying the Jazzmaster knockoff trems that they have in their Xavier JMs. If they sold just the trem separately for like $25-30, i would be all over that shit.

But yeah, at the moment they make like half a dozen guitars that i would buy in an instant were i not so 'financially irresponsible'. :dukes:

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:57 am
Winston Wolf

I'm trying to grasp that I can't play every guitar. I use 2 for each band right now, mostly because one is tuned 1/2 step down, so there is 4 guitars (Hamer tele and 72 deluxe in one and '07 LP and Mexi Tele in the other), I keep the 339 in the bedroomn to play in the house, the Xaviere tele at work for playing there, the Reverend is in my studio for just grabbing and playing. The 77 sits in the case, the Rg just sits on a stand. Acoustics for acoustic project so why would I need another guitar?

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:06 pm
Winston Wolf

I don't know, i do enough recording, and intend to do enough more recording, that i can (perhaps too) easily justify having 20+ guitars, as long as they are all unique from each other.

Like:
I don't have a real semi-hollow.
I don't have anything with P90s.
I don't have a Floyd/shredder.
I don't have an electric 12-string, or for that matter, a usable acoustic 12-string.
I no longer have anything in a strat layout.
I don't have anything with a suitable trem that can be used for surf rock bends.

Now, the problem i have is that what i DO have, in addition to being somewhat redundant(lots of HBs), is all super budget stuff, or just beaten to shit from playing out/modding(like from the era of heavyhanded teenager mods!), so i can't really do anything with them, other than keep them. Like, it would cost me more to ship most of my guitars, than i could get for the guitars in a sale. So, i am stuck with the redundant ones, and i still will need/want to acquire half a dozen more guitars. :red:

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:18 pm
Winston Wolf

I can see your position. oh I was going to say I don't have a strat but I do have a 1987 Jap Squier that is just awesome. I just forgot I had it. I don't have anything for the surf rock, but don't see me doing that thing. I guess there's always a reason to have moar...

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:33 pm
Best Supporting Actress

chris_d wrote:

What i really want from them though, is for them to start carrying the Jazzmaster knockoff trems that they have in their Xavier JMs. If they sold just the trem separately for like $25-30, i would be all over that shit.

But yeah, at the moment they make like half a dozen guitars that i would buy in an instant were i not so 'financially irresponsible'. :dukes:

You should send Jay an e-mail, I doubt you are the only one.

He listens to customer interest in stuff, and I wouldn't be surprised if enough e-mails would convince to start selling them.

Einige aßen Fisch und einige aßen Tiere

Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:49 pm
Profile WWW
Jeremiah Johnson

Looks uncomfortable as fuck :hitler:

Indeed

Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:47 am
Winston Wolf

Devtron wrote:
chris_d wrote:

You should send Jay an e-mail, I doubt you are the only one.

He listens to customer interest in stuff, and I wouldn't be surprised if enough e-mails would convince to start selling them.

Funny, i forgot about this until recently, and emailed them. Basically they said they had no plans of offering the jazzytrems separately ever. :dukes:

Sucks because i would like a cheepo jazzmaster trem so i can build something new. :red:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]