View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Official Axcess Review 
Winston Wolf

Post Official Axcess Review
First gig was Saturday, I did install an EVH D-Tuna on it Saturday, I've never used one before so it took me a while to get the hang of it. I was planning on using the Axcess (daughter named her Catherine) for as long as I could then switch to my LP standard. Now I like my guitars thick and with some weight. I also cannot deal with neck dive at all since I play keys also, the neck needs to stay up while my playing keys. At practice I was using a nylon strap and it seemed to neck dive a bit, but I may have been overly sensitive. Regardless I put a leathery suede strap on (strap-on? :dildo: )

So Start the sets with a bunch of keys songs some I need the guitar some I do not, no problem with neck dive. The real test will come in the second set where I play all guitar the whole set. Tones are great (of course using the Shiva combo) and get some great split-coil tones with the push pull. I am also dive bombing like it was 1987 all over again. no issues tuning, I hit the drop d with D-tuna for a Blink 182 medley, right in tune, and half way through hit it back up to E... right in tune. Whole set no need for tuning. Strings were pretty new, I had put them on Wednesday.

This will be the new cover band monster guitar. Has it all. :dance:

Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:22 pm
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
Less/More: More
Post Re: Official Axcess Review
Sounds awsum. :huzzah:

I love the simplicity of what the D-Tuna does and how it does it. A very clever bit of jibjab. :isay:

I need to step up my pace for a floyd build too. Just kind of want one of late.

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:30 pm
Winston Wolf

chris_d wrote:
I love the simplicity of what the D-Tuna does and how it does it. A very clever bit of jibjab. :isay:

Yeah, I thought there was more to it, but really it's just a like shoving a piece of metal in the back of the saddle to make it go whoopy, yet it attached :idea:

Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:22 pm
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
Less/More: More
Yeah, the real trick is the little adjuster thing that allows E->D to be set to go dead on. Otherwise it would really just be too iffy to use on the fly without finetuning each time, just because of how basic and mechanical the operation is, essentially just stretching or slackening the string just a tiny bit.

Much like the floyd rose itself, it is gloriously simple/complex. The Steinberger transtrem is similarly so.

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]