View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Ok help deciding 
Winston Wolf

Post Ok help deciding
So I have wanted a lp custom forever. Don't have to have one, but I'm also in a money bind. I have way too many guitars that I am not using. Currently I am only using the Axcess, lp standard, and 2 teles, sometimes the lp special.

So I have th e following that I will need to figure out what to sell:

Hamer tele t51
Reverend susceptible. With spare pick guard and fully wired for hum/hum
Lp jr
Mexi tele 72 deluxe
Japan Squier strat 87
Lp special 2012 baked maple
Xavier tele

The reverend and hamers each will fetch just under a grand.

Oh also have the 77 deluxe that I'm not using.

I can sell a bunch of cheaper ones or the rev and hamer and other assorted little parts....

Or do I sell the jump?

let's hear some ideas here.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:21 pm
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
Less/More: More
Post Re: Ok help deciding
If it was me, i would prolly keep the Hamer Tele and the Jap Squier Strat. Would prolly want to keep the Hamer LPJr too(that is what you have yeah?).

Would probably sell the LP special baked maple, with what i personally would want from it being found more or less in the Hamer Jr. anyhow, and with me feeling like the Hamer is a bit more of a rare bird these days and worth hanging onto if possible.

Would prolly lose the Xavier Tele if i didn't need it as a cheapo at-work guitar anymore, and would prolly drop the Reverend too, but that is more because i personally am not into them too much.

The MIM Tele Deluxe, i might be inclined to move, if i was really feeling like i just had too many guitars around. But then again, a Deluxe is a bit different flavor of tele, so i might keep it. I might be inclined in general, to use it more than it sounds like you are though, so there is that. :idk:

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:39 pm
Best Supporting Actress

Which Reverend is it again, and what were you thinking price-wise?

Because, that might be something I would want (99.9% sure it is), but I would definitely have to sell some stuff first (shouldn't be hard, the CL here in Raleigh is stupid active.)

I was thinking of letting go the Vox and some other things, and I have wanted that Reverend forever IIRC. That would be a good motivator to lessen the herd myself, and a chance to have a snazzy ass guitar.

Einige aßen Fisch und einige aßen Tiere

Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:46 pm
Profile WWW
Winston Wolf

The reverend the the slingshot custom, one of the old USA ones. I will post a pic.

The hamer is the hamer telecaster that white one, which seems to get a good amount for them, but I just never play it. But I feel I don't play it just because I just settle on the other teles.

The Gibson jr I like, but no use for it right now, the Gibbs special I picked up to be a cheap lp for gigs we do outside or by the beach, which we do over the summer.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:55 pm
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
Ah, so you don't really like the Hamer Tele? Dump it then. They are probably worth something, and if you are playing an MIM or a Xavier over it, maybe it isn't quite superduper. I know the Hamers are generally very well reviewed, but surely not all of them are going to be all that. If you keep using other ones instead, then why keep it around. I think that at some point they are likely to be worth some money, but they did make a bunch of them so it won't likely be any time soon i would guess.

If the LPJr is a Gibson and not what i thought for some reason was a Hamer DC version, then for sure, let it go. Especially if you are using the Special more. For a dood who plays out as much as you do, having a relative beater for potentially messy shows seems a good idea. :idk:

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:06 pm
Winston Wolf

We the hamer tele is funny, I like it just in GnR I play the fender more because its the same color etc as Izzys. And I use the cheaply mim tele because I spent th emit setting up the pups just vol vol and switch no tone. Love it that way, and did the coil split.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:41 pm
Winston Wolf

Have a hard time figuring out edit on tapatalk so... I may get rid of the 72 delux, the Gibby jr, the jap Squier and maybe the reverend. That would put me close to the custom. I bet if I spent a few minutes setting up the hamer wiring it like the mim I would use it all the time. But maybe not.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:46 pm
Simethicone

Yes/No: Yes
They beat me to the punch. That sounds like a plan. In short: off the stuff you don't use but is worth money. Gear triage.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:34 pm
Winston Wolf

yeah, I think the Jr will go first, and probably the reverend, although that has one of the best necks I have ever played. I may have to think about the 77 lp since I can get the most out of that one and see how I feel about the rest.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]