View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Finally got my rig together for a pic. Your turn. 
Best Supporting Actress

Post Finally got my rig together for a pic. Your turn.

I play very loud pop punk. That Port City cab sounds huge and amazing. Last night was the first time I played the Tremoverb through it and even my drummer mentioned how much better it sounded. My other guitarist uses an Orange Rockerverb 50 through an avatar 4x12 with GT-100s. The bassist just picked up an Orange AD200B (Mk 3 I think?) and an orange 4x10, which he plans to expand with another 4x10. My drummer has stuff too, some of which I know is nice but I know nothing about it. He has the loudest (wanna say maple) snare I have ever heard and he plays with nice cymbals (A Customs?) but that's about all I know. Oh and no double bass pedal.

It's probably the first time I've been in a band where everyone actually has good gear and it is great.

So what are you dudes playing these days?

Einige aßen Fisch und einige aßen Tiere

Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:21 am
Profile WWW
Winston Wolf

Post Re: Finally got my rig together for a pic. Your turn.
I will need to take a recent pic but for GnR it's Bogner Shiva in a custom made Marshall heads hell, marshal anniversary can 2xV30s 2xGreenbacks pedals usually Timmy, KoT, Japan boss CE 3 or Wilson Haze and carbon Copy. One of my Les Paul's and one Tele usually the nashville power tele Ll wired up in Lava

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:08 am
Pendulous

Yeah no pics, but for my personal jams it's all about my Laney into my Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12, with whatever pedal might be needed to goose it into the sexyzone. Sometimes none. I really like this setup and in the end I don't see how I ever needed the Splawn Quick Rod when I already had this (though I do miss the QR).

With the band I guitar in (I rejoined because they removed the weakest link) it's my 5150 and my seven string, with Boss SD1 boost/filtering and ISP Decimator for noise.

I need to work out my 4x12 situation because the speakers in my 4x12 are really not doing it. I guess the Emi Governors are okay, like they are kind of like V30s which is what I want... but the Emi ManOWars, god they sound... ugh. Like they have this cheesy high end fizz and no mids whatsoever, which sounds kind of cool I guess for metal except there's way too much of it. Makes anything sound like a Metal Zone. Maybe I'll take one out and swap it for a speaker with real mids, because I can kind of jive with that super presence if it's just turned down a notch.

I could do a pic but my basement is all fluorescent lighting and basically everything looks bad down there.

http://nachtmuse.bandcamp.com/
http://vesication.bandcamp.com/
https://divideconquer.bandcamp.com/
(I also play in a band called Human Compost but our bandcamp is banned)

Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:45 am
Best Supporting Actress

Unstrung wrote:
Yeah no pics, but for my personal jams it's all about my Laney into my Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12, with whatever pedal might be needed to goose it into the sexyzone. Sometimes none. I really like this setup and in the end I don't see how I ever needed the Splawn Quick Rod when I already had this (though I do miss the QR).

With the band I guitar in (I rejoined because they removed the weakest link) it's my 5150 and my seven string, with Boss SD1 boost/filtering and ISP Decimator for noise.

I need to work out my 4x12 situation because the speakers in my 4x12 are really not doing it. I guess the Emi Governors are okay, like they are kind of like V30s which is what I want... but the Emi ManOWars, god they sound... ugh. Like they have this cheesy high end fizz and no mids whatsoever, which sounds kind of cool I guess for metal except there's way too much of it. Makes anything sound like a Metal Zone. Maybe I'll take one out and swap it for a speaker with real mids, because I can kind of jive with that super presence if it's just turned down a notch.

I could do a pic but my basement is all fluorescent lighting and basically everything looks bad down there.

I use Mojo Tone speakers. They are basically clones like WGS but IMO a little better quality. I currently have these in my 4x12: http://www.mojotone.com/amp-parts/Mojot ... #.VJg3ssAA which play really nice with vintage high-gain channel on my Tremoverb. However my sound kind of treads the line between vintage and modern high-gain sounds, so I might try these out: http://www.mojotone.com/amp-parts/Mojot ... #.VJg3fsAA According to the dudes a MT it's kind of a punchier V30 with a little less of a mid spike. I think those might work nice with the Mesa.

Also what 7-string do you have again? I am about to start writing some easy-core riffs in Drop A and was gonna get a 7-string. BUT I just can't gel with any, so I think I might get the Fender Blacktop Tele Baritone and set it up for Drop A. It's a tele so it's way more pop-punk then the Agile 7-string I was looking at, and I've played one during my Sam Ash days; they aren't bad.

Also I forgot my damn simple pedal board. Which is tuner > EHX Soul FOOD > MXR Noise Clamp > EB VP Jr. > Amp. It lets me manage feedback so I can use it on stage. The soul food is actually a pretty damn solid boost in front of high-gain amps. Basically set to Vol = 12:00 / Tone & Drive = 9:00 and never turn it off. It makes my cleans punchy and not weak sounding and pushes the high-gain channel into gnar territory. I think I might swap it out for the SGC Mobin because A) It's only $99 B) I use their guitars and am talking to them about maybe becoming an SGC artist and C) It has a whale on it and I play in The Oh Whales. I mean, c'mon.

Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:35 am
Profile WWW
Pendulous

Devtron wrote:
Unstrung wrote:

I use Mojo Tone speakers. They are basically clones like WGS but IMO a little better quality. I currently have these in my 4x12: http://www.mojotone.com/amp-parts/Mojot ... #.VJg3ssAA which play really nice with vintage high-gain channel on my Tremoverb. However my sound kind of treads the line between vintage and modern high-gain sounds, so I might try these out: http://www.mojotone.com/amp-parts/Mojot ... #.VJg3fsAA According to the dudes a MT it's kind of a punchier V30 with a little less of a mid spike. I think those might work nice with the Mesa.

Also what 7-string do you have again? I am about to start writing some easy-core riffs in Drop A and was gonna get a 7-string. BUT I just can't gel with any, so I think I might get the Fender Blacktop Tele Baritone and set it up for Drop A. It's a tele so it's way more pop-punk then the Agile 7-string I was looking at, and I've played one during my Sam Ash days; they aren't bad.

Also I forgot my damn simple pedal board. Which is tuner > EHX Soul FOOD > MXR Noise Clamp > EB VP Jr. > Amp. It lets me manage feedback so I can use it on stage. The soul food is actually a pretty damn solid boost in front of high-gain amps. Basically set to Vol = 12:00 / Tone & Drive = 9:00 and never turn it off. It makes my cleans punchy and not weak sounding and pushes the high-gain channel into gnar territory. I think I might swap it out for the SGC Mobin because A) It's only $99 B) I use their guitars and am talking to them about maybe becoming an SGC artist and C) It has a whale on it and I play in The Oh Whales. I mean, c'mon.

Alright I'll consider Mojotone if it comes around to speaker upgrades. I was originally considering WGS since I'm kind of a fan of them, so now there are two brands on my list. I have a WGS Classic Lead in my G-Flex and it sounds great, really strong mids that makes my 5150 have a Marshall-esque character and my Laney... well it sounds good through it. Though I'm also just considering letting my Splawn 4x12 go and getting something that comes with V30s.

My seven string is a Carparelli. I think they might be a little tough to come by, not too common. It's like this but black with a fiured maple top:

http://nachtmuse.bandcamp.com/
http://vesication.bandcamp.com/
https://divideconquer.bandcamp.com/
(I also play in a band called Human Compost but our bandcamp is banned)

Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:50 pm
Best Supporting Actress

Unstrung wrote:
Devtron wrote:
Unstrung wrote:

Alright I'll consider Mojotone if it comes around to speaker upgrades. I was originally considering WGS since I'm kind of a fan of them, so now there are two brands on my list. I have a WGS Classic Lead in my G-Flex and it sounds great, really strong mids that makes my 5150 have a Marshall-esque character and my Laney... well it sounds good through it. Though I'm also just considering letting my Splawn 4x12 go and getting something that comes with V30s.

My seven string is a Carparelli. I think they might be a little tough to come by, not too common. It's like this but black with a fiured maple top:

I like that a lot.

Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:03 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]