View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
My bassist got a new bass amp. 
The Cream Of The Crop

Post My bassist got a new bass amp.

Acoustic B600h and the 810 cab. Excess at it's finest.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:25 pm
Winston Wolf

Post Re: My bassist got a new bass amp.
motherfuck.....

:rawk:

Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:33 pm
Simethicone

Yes/No: Yes
Less/More: More
Nothing exceeds like excess.

...now, what's it sound like? Specifically the fridge there. :lol: I never really got on with the classic Ampeg 8x10s; I always thought a 4x10 + 1x15 was a better combination, but this is a different design- it looks like a pair of 4x10s. Is there air space in between? I can only imagine that thing weighs a fucking ton.

Serious bass rig demands to be taken seriously. :rawk:

Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:54 pm
The Cream Of The Crop

Snaxocaster wrote:
Nothing exceeds like excess.

...now, what's it sound like? Specifically the fridge there. :lol: I never really got on with the classic Ampeg 8x10s; I always thought a 4x10 + 1x15 was a better combination, but this is a different design- it looks like a pair of 4x10s. Is there air space in between? I can only imagine that thing weighs a fucking ton.

Serious bass rig demands to be taken seriously. :rawk:

I don't know if it's separated or not. Haven't checked. I know it's got one horn and a pretty awesome cab design on the back... looks like it's pregnant in a very angular fashion and gives more breathing room to the speakers. It's a 2 man carry but not a terrible one really, and its it's own dolly which is awesome. I think it weighs a hundred and forty-three pounds. It's also sealed which I'm sure has a major effect on the tonality of it.

It sounds like you'd expect a rig like that to sound. It shakes pictures off the walls and vibrates concrete (and keeps up with a full band) with the gain on 1 and the master on 6. So with the gain cranked up (it's more like a second volume than a gain, it doesn't seem to get dirty?) it could probably kill small animals. With his superawesome mexi-jazz with Duncans it's got a really deep and smooth sound, but it sounds nothing like an Ampeg, it's too sterile for that sound. Works well with dirt and compression in front from an ME-50B. Also, the horn is surprisingly non-intrusive as it seems to be in a lot of cheaper cabs.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]