View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Rig of Dume 
Henry Kissinger

Post Rig of Dume

'78 superbass
'74 klipp
Matamp 2x12 with K100s
Matamp 4x12 with T100s

The Klipp and 2x12 are my friends who has just moved into my rehearsal room and we're rig sharing. The Klipp needs a bit of work doing to it and will be on my bench this week. Nowt major, just a recap and replacement screen resistors.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:21 am
Pendulous

Post Re: Rig of Dume
That must be nut crushing. Distorted camera phone clips nao

http://nachtmuse.bandcamp.com/
http://vesication.bandcamp.com/
https://divideconquer.bandcamp.com/
(I also play in a band called Human Compost but our bandcamp is banned)

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:32 am
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
Less/More: More
Unstrung wrote:
Distorted camera phone clips nao

:huzzah: :huzzah: :huzzah: :huzzah: :huzzah: :huzzah: :huzzah: :rawk: :huzzah: :huzzah: :huzzah: :huzzah: :huzzah: :huzzah:

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:38 am
Winston Wolf

damn. Just damn. :rawk:

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:59 am
Henry Kissinger

I'll get some klipps (hoho) of it with my Q3 once I've recapped the Klipp.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:08 am
Simethicone

Yes/No: Yes
Fucking A. I've only heard a Klipp in person once. It was in conjunction with several other very loud amps. Agreed with Geoff on the nut-crushing.

What do you think of those speakers, the K100s and T100s?

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:26 pm
Henry Kissinger

The T100 has been my go to speaker for many years. It sounds awesome with pretty much any amp I've ran it with. My speedtwin might sound better with V30s but I'm not all that bothered about using that amp much. The K100 is a bit more bass heavy than the T100 and it may have slightly more top too but that could just be because its in a smaller enclosure which is usually a bit brighter. All in all both great speakers although the K100 is a bitch to find in 16ohm. I originally was going to get my 412 loaded with Ts in the top and K's in the bottom but that would only have been possible if I went with an 8 ohm cab and I also had a 1960 at the time wired at 16ohm and you might as well run a full stack if you have the option to!

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:45 pm
Henry Kissinger

I had an hour to kill on saturday while waiting for some friends to turn up so I went to our room and tried a few dirt pedals into the superbass.

Joyo US Dream - My general go to dirt as you can't really set it badly and it works with most arrangements. Sort of sounds like how you always want an 800 to sound with the superbass.

Boss HM-2 - A bitch to dial in but once I found the sweet spot it was awesome. Really lacks output though and I have to run the level at 3 o'clock just to hit unity gain as the D-Activators in my DT700 are pretty hot :lol: It isn't as high gain as I thought it would be but it makes for a fucking awesome sludge/filth tone. May try stacking it with the Joyo as a flavour enhancer.

Boss MT-2 - sounded like a bag of dicks.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:09 pm
Simethicone

Yes/No: Yes
Zozobra wrote:
Boss HM-2 - A bitch to dial in but once I found the sweet spot it was awesome. Really lacks output though and I have to run the level at 3 o'clock just to hit unity gain as the D-Activators in my DT700 are pretty hot :lol: It isn't as high gain as I thought it would be but it makes for a fucking awesome sludge/filth tone. May try stacking it with the Joyo as a flavour enhancer.

Boss MT-2 - sounded like a bag of dicks.

The EQ on the HM-2 is really fucking wonky. It's two dual concentric bands, according to our Mr. Chris. I forget what frequencies- obviously, the "highs" are mids- and it is not the easiest thing to dial in because of this. I don't use mine much, but I do remember it lacking output, this is true. (My OCD is a monster in this regard; even with singles into an AC30 I find myself setting the level below noon live.) I do find the HM-2 to have a stupendously useless amount of gain, at least for my porpoises, though. Especially on bass, feeding it a Jazz with (real, active) EMGs. Not a pleasant sounding pedal at all, but very cool.

I remember hearing some grind dudes running an MT-2 into a 4-input non-master Marshall once, and that was pretty much my assessment of it, too. :lol:

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]