View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Your thoughts on 
Winston Wolf

Post Your thoughts on
2 effects, not in desparate need, but I am thinking of changing my reverb pedal, yes my new Shiva has 'verb in it, but when I'm not using the Shiva I like to have something. I am using a Holy Stain for my verb right now, I am not picky but it is a huge pedal. I was looking at the Malekko Chicklet but I hear it drops volume. Hermida verb? Or do I just leave 'verb off teh bored and add the Holy Stain in the loop when I need it.

Second effect is a delay with tap tempo. I use my Carbon Copy and love it, but having a second delay with tap tempo would be very nice. So tell me what you're using for delay. Give me some ideas.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:55 am
Best Supporting Actress

Post Re: Your thoughts on
torgeot wrote:
2 effects, not in desparate need, but I am thinking of changing my reverb pedal, yes my new Shiva has 'verb in it, but when I'm not using the Shiva I like to have something. I am using a Holy Stain for my verb right now, I am not picky but it is a huge pedal. I was looking at the Malekko Chicklet but I hear it drops volume. Hermida verb? Or do I just leave 'verb off teh bored and add the Holy Stain in the loop when I need it.

Second effect is a delay with tap tempo. I use my Carbon Copy and love it, but having a second delay with tap tempo would be very nice. So tell me what you're using for delay. Give me some ideas.

I too am a fan of tap tempo delays.

But I want tap tempo for all of my modulations, and the Line 6 M9 would afford me such luxury. I doubt that is what you are looking for though.

Einige aßen Fisch und einige aßen Tiere

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:10 am
Profile WWW
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
Less/More: More
For verb, mayhap czech out the Holy Grail Nano:

Dead simple, pretty small.

Some folks do love the Chicklets. I don't remember 100%, but i believe that the Chicklet, the Hermida reverb, and a few others are all based on the same Belton brick reverb unit(which is actually kind of an array of delays in a specific arrangement). I don't expect them to sound 'the same' as each other, but the basic reverb tail qualities should be very similar.

Personally, i prefer digital means to the sound of the reverb bricks, so i lean more towards the EH Holy Grail/HolyStain stuff, the Line6 Verbzilla(or the Behringer copy (RV600) i own), etc. Ideally, i would only ever use the big old Fender proper tube reverb beasty. But it is pretty huge, and kind of pricey. But both normal verb settings on the holy grail are pretty okay. And i like several of the sounds on the Verbzilla. :idk:

For delay, i dunno. I like dead simple delay. Hell, i don't even really like delay, rather echo. I would love to try some of the newish batch of tape echo-y digital shit, like the El Capistan, and a couple others(i think Wampler has something newer also?).

But for tap tampo and various whizzbang whatnots, my first thought would be something pricy like the Time Factor. Snaxo has one, he can speak to its virtues. It isn't a tiny pedal, but it does a shitlot.

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:21 pm
Winston Wolf

yes the Grail nano seems like a nice small foot print which would make things easy.

I was also looking into the DL4 for delay the line6 thingy, that has tap tempo... :idk:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:03 pm
Winston Wolf

torgeot wrote:
yes the Grail nano seems like a nice small foot print which would make things easy.

I was also looking into the DL4 for delay the line6 thingy, that has tap tempo... :idk:

DL4 is Hugeicious though. Mayhap, look at the echopark?

As ugly as virtue, but i believe it is same or similar echo/delay models to the DL4, and much smaller in size. :idk:

Also with tap tempo, etc...

Additionally, because it is a Tone Core pedal, you could also look into trying out the other tone port modules on the relative cheap, the Verbzilla, the Trem, there is even a dood who does a pretty sweet bitcrusher module for them. It is a neat platform for FX, imo.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:50 pm
The Cream Of The Crop

chris_d wrote:
It is a neat platform for FX, imo.

Smartest thing Line 6 ever did. :nods:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:56 pm
Winston Wolf

hmmm I hadn't thought of the Echopark. That does say tap tempo.. but I no unnerstand.. tap lightly? that would be like asking me to pick lightly. Eric and I seem to have the same ATTACK on picking. It's heavy handed. My feet are moar so...

Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:08 pm
Winston Wolf

torgeot wrote:
hmmm I hadn't thought of the Echopark. That does say tap tempo.. but I no unnerstand.. tap lightly? that would be like asking me to pick lightly. Eric and I seem to have the same ATTACK on picking. It's heavy handed. My feet are moar so...

:idk: Probably have one at Guitar Center you could test with to see how lightly "lightly" really would be. :idk:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:13 pm
Winston Wolf

this actually might be an awesome idea chris, as I could get the verb module and insert that when I rarely need the verb.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:20 pm
Simethicone

Yes/No: Yes
I vote for the Line 6 modular pedals. I actually rather like Line 6's effects; I owned an Echo Pro for a while and the delays were quite nice. Their 'verb isn't bad either, and the footprint of the Tonecore pedals is small.

I'm using the EHX Cathedral and Eventide Timefactor myself, but neither of those are going to be smaller than your Holy Stain. From what I remember, they're the same size enclosure as the Stain. Great sounding devices, and versatile (though why EHX would build a unit with presets but no MIDI switching... :mad: ) but they occupy a good chunk of board space.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:09 pm
Winston Wolf

ok i had money in paypal and found one real cheap so I just bought it. I iked the demo's enough to try it, and at a good price I can always re-sell if I don't like. I like the idea to switch out for verb when I use the Egnater (my verbless amp) I can deal with one delay the times that I need verb.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:15 pm
Simethicone

Yes/No: Yes
chris_d wrote:
But for tap tampo and various whizzbang whatnots, my first thought would be something pricy like the Time Factor. Snaxo has one, he can speak to its virtues. It isn't a tiny pedal, but it does a shitlot.

The Timefactor does a nice chorus, decent phasey Rotovibe kinda stuff, and a cool ring mod. And filter sweeps (which are much preferable to flanger). Be prepared for a learning curve here with this one. It does a shitlot, yes, and does it very well indeed, but there is a tradeoff involved there.

Also, tap tempo on the Timefactor is not usable in preset mode, which means manual switching of your delay parameters. This, from my perspective, would negate some of the coolness of the Timefactor, making it merely a really good, bigass delay pedal. I'm always in preset mode anyway, so tap tempo isn't an issue for me as I never use it.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:23 pm
Winston Wolf

yes I was a huge preset guy using the intellifex, but I have found that coverband requires shit on the fly with different drummers so timing is just all over the place.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:25 pm
Winston Wolf

echo park arrived. It is heavy as all get out for a small pedal. Did not play with it much, I will take it to practice tonight see what she can do.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]