View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
overdrives overdrives 
Winston Wolf

Post overdrives overdrives
fuck I have way too many ODs & Distortions but I love them.

I've been using a Maxon OD 0808 in front of my JMP and also the 6100 LM (for the GnR gigs) with a sprinkling of Way Huge Pork Loin (lightly, just using the hint of gain and the blend option for fullness) then I use the Catalinbread DLS & Timmy in front of the Bogner. The DLS is only used on the clean Shiva channel and get the dirt up around JCM800 tones, not too much different from the Shiva dirt channel, just a but different flavor (more high-mid/high, less warmth) the Timmy is always on with the Shiva, again, just the slightest hint of dirt, with guitar volume up, think Keith Richards. I use the Tesla for an odd EQ dirt/fuzz and the T & A fuzz for out n out Fuzz tones. (the ones that get switched in the home chain are also the MXR Dist III, OCD and I just bought an MI Crunch Box.

I have a fucking problem :facepalm:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:58 am
Pendulous

Post Re: overdrives overdrives
At this point I only have my SD-1 for overdrives as my Maxon OD-9 took a beating and is now disfunctional, probably due to damage to the pots. :(

http://nachtmuse.bandcamp.com/
http://vesication.bandcamp.com/
https://divideconquer.bandcamp.com/
(I also play in a band called Human Compost but our bandcamp is banned)

Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:54 pm
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
Less/More: More
I love dirt pedals. I totally need to build a bigger amp though. My current one doesn't have enough headroom for anything but some very specifically voiced ones.

Adding to the problem is the fact that i have pretty much only been interested in designing MORE dirt pedals, or increasingly delays. I don't really USE delay much though, i just like drawing them up and building them. The dirt pedals are what i do for actual use by myself.

I actually still haven't built the torfuzz for myself, just the one for tor. It is on the list though.

Speaking of which. Tor, now that you have had it for a bit, what would you change about it? Just in a general sense, what do you find yourself wishing worked differently, or sounded differently?

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:02 pm
Best Supporting Actress

The only pedals I use at the moment are the two chris made me, a Timmy and a Mastotron. Sound amazing through the AC15 with the top boost around 10-11 o' clock.

Einige aßen Fisch und einige aßen Tiere

Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:46 pm
Profile WWW
Winston Wolf

chris_d wrote:
Speaking of which. Tor, now that you have had it for a bit, what would you change about it? Just in a general sense, what do you find yourself wishing worked differently, or sounded differently?

Oh I'm very happy with it. I don't think I would change anything about it at all. right now I have the two fuzzies, the T&A and the Tesla which while hits fuzz can be more dirt like than fuzz. The T&A is definitely fuzz so I like my options right now.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:47 am
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
Less/More: More
torgeot wrote:
Oh I'm very happy with it. I don't think I would change anything about it at all. right now I have the two fuzzies, the T&A and the Tesla which while hits fuzz can be more dirt like than fuzz. The T&A is definitely fuzz so I like my options right now.

Hmm. Alright, then what kind of settings do you use with it these days? Really, i am just curious as to how you are actually using it and hearing it now after you have had it for a bit, as a dood who plays in a band on a stage and all. I would even be interested just to see a snapshot of how you wound up setting the thing up for your rig. Do you think it needs all the knobs and switches? Or could you do without various things? Or did you need all of them to tune it to a useful noise for your needs?

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:30 pm
Winston Wolf

hmmm, It one of the pedals that I'm always tinkering with. I have found that depending on the song list for the gig, (my cover bands set lists are about 125 songs deep) it depends on the songs for that particular gig and my mood. I found that it's one of the pedals that has the most tweakability. so one night I may want a super fuzzy sound for a particular song and the next night I want just a hair. It's one of two on the board that gets changed almost per set. I would say I use every knob and switch. I would say I use it more for flavour on anything funky we do. I'll take a pic of it in the rig by the weekend. You will notice that my other pedals have these settings marking thingys on them I got from Effects Bay, yet the T&A & Tesla do not. I really tweak my fuzz the day of the gig.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]