View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Pedalboard/case 
Michael Anthony Fanclub President

Post Pedalboard/case
I know, another thread about actual guitar gear :shock: Anyways I have a bit of overtime coming up which means I can afford to treat myself a bit :D I've been using the same old ratty TKL pedal board/case for ages and I really fancy something nicer looking and preferably with a decent PSU and good method of attaching pedals. I don't need a massive one as I use about 4 pedals, just needs to be deep enough to fit a wah really. I currently attach my pedals to the board using bike chain link plates and screws which works really well but my Korg Pitchblack won't fit said chain link plates due to the shape of the bottom of the case. I don't really like Velcro as it always seems to come undone and you open up your board to a mess of wires and pedals, however if it's strong enough velcro then that won't be so much of an issue.

What are you all using? Diago stuff looks good but quite expensive compared to lesser brands.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:00 am
Winston Wolf

Post Re: Pedalboard/case
Now I'm using a SKB ps-45 - but that's huge. hold my in-ears, wireless, loop, and 8-10 pedals.

for a small board i like the Gator pedal tote. in-expensive, I use a one sot with it, but there is a pedal tote with a power supply as well.

fits a wah easily

Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:59 am
Best Supporting Actress

I use a piece of plywood that I painted and a GFS one-spot clone, which works surprisingly well.

Einige aßen Fisch und einige aßen Tiere

Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:55 am
Profile WWW
Simethicone

Yes/No: Yes
Less/More: More
Myself, a big slab of 1/2" black Sintra® I nicked from work years ago, a power strip, an extension cord, four wall-wart adapters (the Eventide and Pigtronix Mothership have their own power requirements, and I have too much stuff for one daisy-chain cord) and a lot of Velcro*. :lol:

There's a smaller powered SKB one that's well under $100 USD new with gig bag that'll hold a wah and a bunch of other stuff. I pointed my co-guitarist at it as he was looking for something and wanted to minimize the wall wart factor, and can't be arsed with a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power, which is overkill for his needs.

*-I use the "industrial strength" Velcro. It's very difficult to dislodge the pedals from the board. The adhesive will actually come off the bottom of a pedal before the Velcro itself depending on the surface. It'll hold heavy pedals (wahs, etc.) upside-down without issue.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:55 pm
Pendulous

I done put my ISP Decimator on top of my amp head :eekass:

http://nachtmuse.bandcamp.com/
http://vesication.bandcamp.com/
https://divideconquer.bandcamp.com/
(I also play in a band called Human Compost but our bandcamp is banned)

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:04 am
Michael Anthony Fanclub President

I used to use a piece of wood but it looks rattier than what I have now which is what I want to get away from :lol: That Gator one looks alright, I'd like something similar but probably with a hard case for peace of mind. Is super strong velcro the best way to go then? Last time I used velcro it pulled the carpetty side away from my board.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:30 pm
Simethicone

Yes/No: Yes
Less/More: More
I did the painted plywood thing myself until I lucked upon the Sintra, which is a durable plastic substrate used for outdoor signage.

Unless you have another means of physically securing the pedals to the board (ie. the bike chain thing) uber-Velcro is really your only option. The only issue I've found is with pedals with a rubberized underside: the Velcro itself is actually stronger than the adhesive holding it to the underside of the pedal. This does not seem to affect pedals with a metal bottom, or the very hard plastic of my board. Also, stickers/labels on the underside of the pedal (see: Boss, etc.) will be removed if you attempt to just yank them off the board, and the sticker/label will remain stuck to your Velcro. The stuff is really quite strong, but the adhesive side seems to want a suitable surface to adhere to. It would take active effort to remove the Velcro from most of my pedals, or my board.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:30 pm
Winston Wolf

El-Todgo wrote:
Is super strong velcro the best way to go then? Last time I used velcro it pulled the carpetty side away from my board.

Yup. super duty velcro is the way to go. The gator one won't lift off, neither do the heavy duty velcro on the PedalTrains boards. I'm using a SKB PS-45 which has a built in hard case and pwere supply and 3 ac outlets as well. I got it from a friend for about $100.

Your best bet might be Pedal Train if you want a hard case, but I used the gator for 4 years never damaged a pedal, and you know I gig a lot.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]