View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Chaosound Anti-Effect. 
Simethicone

Yes/No: Yes
Less/More: More
Post Chaosound Anti-Effect.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:51 pm
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
Post Re: Chaosound Anti-Effect.
You moastly like that because of the sensible shoes. :red:

Sound-wise, it seems kind of like it really only has one sound, and i don't know that it needs as many knobs or switches at all?

If it was just a depth knob, just the left switch, and a set speed of somewhere around middle to high, it would probably be just as useful, IMO.

That said, to refer to such a pedal as "useful" at all seems a bit of a stretch to me. And i LIKE noisy pedals.

For $240, this seems all wrong(in the less desirable sort of way) to me, for what it does. :idk:

Sounds like it is doing some digital resampling or perhaps some regular old sample/hold bitrate reduction style thing.

For the price though, something like teh Zvex Seek Trem or Tremorama both strike me as being able to do some similar glitchy sorts of 'broken cable cutout' stuff, but while additionally having a much wider flexibility and a more cleverly designed feature set. Used, they must go for about this much money too, i would think, especially if there exist Vexter versions of them?

Between the Zvex and a basic bitcrusher, methinks one could do a fair bit better than this thing.

Though i do of course applaud the use of sensible shoes over the typical bare hairy trollfeet and/or ill-fitting dirty white socks, that so many other pedal demonstrators exhibit. :red:

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:27 pm
Simethicone

I like the arrhythmic-ness of it. Not that I'm planning on purchasing one. I do still have an EHX Stereo Pulsar and the Geiger Counter, which I really don't use enough. I'm actually not familiar with the Seek Trem or Tremorama except by name and that makes me want to czech them out.

I would never refer to such a device as useful, myself. It's the sort of thing that gets used once on one song. The Geiger Counter is far, far more useful, and that's as broken-sounding as it gets.

The sensible shoes are an improvement though, yes. That's the sort of thing that makes me want to demo pedals as I don't use them without. Granted my feets are hairless and I don't own white socks. Still, it's the principle of the thing.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:26 pm
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
White socks are definitely for squares.

Anyhow, this shit is kind of genius:

Utterly simple concept, utterly wide open possibilities. Standard trem, rhythmic trem patterns, totally bizzarre glitch-style cut/paste vibe unrhythm. Lots of controls, but they are actually pretty simple in what they are/do, and they all have obvious reasons to exist.

Probably this and the OoohWah/Seekwah are my favorite Zvex oddeffects.

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:59 pm
Simethicone

All my plainsocks are black. White is sort of the worst of all possible colours for socks. Though some of my funsocks (stripes, paisley, checkers, etc.) have white on them. My currentsocks, for what it's worth, are bright purple.

I like it from the first few notes. No, I :love: it from the first few notes. The Random function does it for me. The Pulsar I have can do some oddball rhythmic stuff if you really push it, but it's mostly meant as a standard-ish tremolo.

As a synthperson, the idea of having essentially a gated sequencer for my guitar is :dance: . I really don't abuse this stuff like I should.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]