View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Timefactor or timeline or ? 
Winston Wolf

Post Timefactor or timeline or ?
Thinking of going for a good delay pedal. Have a CC and DD5 and DD3 now but never went into the big bucks. Anyone have an opinion? Snaxie, you had a timefactor at one time one right ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:46 pm
Simethicone

Yes/No: Yes
Less/More: More
Post Re: Timefactor or timeline or ?
Yes I did. I had one for some years and used it extensively, live and recorded. I have nothing but praise for the Timefactor- it's a no-compromise piece. No toan suck when engaged, all sorts of versatile, relatively straightforward to program, presets and MIDI, well-built... The only potential con is it needs its own fairly serious PSU. IIRC a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 will run it off the L6 jacks, which are meant for the Line 6 DL4s and the like, though you may not get enough power for the MIDI to work. This is, if I'm remembering right, according to an Eventide rep on either Gearslutz or TGP. If you can handle a big wall wart on your board (or aren't using MIDI) then it's a non-issue. Sonically it's what you'd expect from Eventide. It does pristine digital, it does credible analog/tape sounds with tweakability, it does weird shit. It was all over basically everything I recorded from the HCAF days through 2013 or so.

One of my friends sent me a link to this earlier, which may be relephant to your interests if you're looking to spend cash dollaz on a delay: Free The Tone Flight Time Delay review. Same general price range as the Eventide and the Strymon.

The guy who recorded Garda's drum tracks has a Timeline and loves the thing, but I never had the chance to play through it.

Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:07 am
Winston Wolf

yes I saw that delay also, but the tweakability seems easier on the eventide, plus I tend to buy used and one can find the Timefactor for 250-300 all day long. I have to say the Timeline looks great too but the Pedigree of Eventide for me might swing my vote. Also saving 100-150 on a used one makes a big difference. I just picked up a PP2 Plus but I can use the wall wart for the TF on my board.

I have one of the big SKB PS-45's which has 3 outlets on it. At least until I get my custom one built from Phantom Pedalboards. Makes gorgeous pedalboards. Oh he's the guy that made the headshell for my Bogner/Marshall

Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:28 am
Winston Wolf

Picked up a timefactor. Should be here within a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]