View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Buying only reverbs, i guess. 
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
Less/More: More
Post Buying only reverbs, i guess.

Got the Adineko a while back and it is kind of cool at very specific settings. Kind of a wobbly reverby delay. The wobble can get a little too chorusy for my tastes at times tho.

Built that blue one on the left, it is a kind of digital multi-fx deal that someone else designed and made PCBs for. Based on a pretty popular digi chip. Solid enough, kind of let down by its own algorithms at times, which someday i will probably aim to replace... Some good sounds, but overall a good example of a thing trying to do too many things at once maybe, but without sorting out all of them properly first.

Got the Holy Grail Neo a couple weeks ago. Decent sounding, but maybe the opposite extreme for me to the blue one. Not enough controls. The one knob is basically just a blend/mix. Which would be fine if the time/tone was perfectly tuned, but that is rarely the case with this sort of stuff, especially between different guitars and amps, so really, it needs, IMO, two more knobs, anyway. All three settings are pretty solid in their correct contexts though. The hall and plate especially have some good noises.

Just got the Oceans 11 in the mail today, and so far, it is pretty solid. Kind of basically functionality-wise similar to the blue thing, but just way more thought out and developed, as one might hope from Electro Harmonix. Real solid Fender outboard tank style spring setting, and nice math going on in the other ones too. Real nice sounding pedlol so far. Some cool additional hidden controls and tweaks i haven't fucked with yet, but nice pedal for digiverb, and at a pretty solid price for it. :huzzah:

Basically though, all i actually buy anymore, is reverbs. :red:

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:19 pm
Winston Wolf

Post Re: Buying only reverbs, i guess.
I can endorse this. I have been on a reverb wanting lately. so I keep looking but haven't pulled the trigger on one yet.

Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]