View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Which wah? 
Michael Anthony Fanclub President

Post Which wah?
I think my Vox is a bit fooked, intermittent feedback and I just realised it isn't even true bypass as it kills a lot of tone when bypassed. Rather than fuck around converting it to TB and trying to fix the feedback (which a new switch hasn't done) I think I might just spend the extra £70 on a new one :red:

I like the vox sound, although it could do with having a bit more range in the low end of the pedal if I'm being picky. Also as I said the bypass sucks. It looks like the new Vox V847 has buffered bypass and 9v input which is nice. Anyone have experience of this and is the bypass good?

Alternatively, as mentioned in another thread I've been meaning to do a BYOC again for a while. Just realised they do wah kits, anyone hurr used one of these and do they sound good? Doesn't look like too complicated a build and should hopefully drop right into my old vox shell :idea:

:dance:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:53 am
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
Less/More: More
Post Re: Which wah?
I like the none wah, myself. :idk:

:red:

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:47 pm

I don't really use the wah that much but it's handy to have for those situations where you need to pretend you're better than you are :red:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:03 pm
Winston Wolf

I was only half serious. I have a regular olde dunlop here, but i haven't used it since, like 1993?

I would say a great option would be to do an upgrade kit sort of thing and build it into the shell you have. Simple, clean, easy, effective. :isay:

The BYOC stuff is, IMO very consistently high quality. Somewhat pricey, but you generally don't have to worry about anything being screwed up with it.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:26 pm
Simethicone

Yes/No: Yes
Chris's suggestion. Build one into your existing enclosure.

I'd otherwise have suggested a MSD Silver Machine or Chicago Iron Parachute, but that's only to be an asshole.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:30 pm

:D

I shall ask nicely for the BYOC kit as a christmas present then :red: Mum will find it strange that I've asked for what is essentially a £60 jiffy bag full of electrical components though.

Also whilst we're on about DIY stuff I fancy re-housing my Keeley Rat 2 since I drilled a massive hole in the side of the enclosure in order to route a cable through it :red: Are the standard hammond boxes pretty much all you need? Also what do you do for decals?

Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:40 pm
Winston Wolf

El-Todgo wrote:
Also whilst we're on about DIY stuff I fancy re-housing my Keeley Rat 2 since I drilled a massive hole in the side of the enclosure in order to route a cable through it :red: Are the standard hammond boxes pretty much all you need? Also what do you do for decals?

You will have to look carefully at all of the gut components of the rat. You *might* be able to fit them all in a Hammond 1590BB, but i don't know for sure. Built from scratch, a rat will easily fit into a mini/1590B. I would assume that the proper ProCo PCB might need the extra size of the 1590BB though. Honestly, it might even need more space than that, i don't know.

If it was me, i would probably aim to rivet a patch on the box or something and just use the gloriously battlescarred ProCo enclosure. You know, rawk mojo stylee.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:02 pm
Simethicone

chris_d wrote:
rawk mojo stylee.

Fuctup shit looks cool. :huzzah:

Which explains relicing. Which is generally halfassed and the kinda embarrassing :eekass: way of getting it there. The proper way of acquiring battle scars, being, of course, to battle with it.

As per the enclosure. Slap a bit of gaffer tape over the hole or something. :huzzah:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:00 pm
Simethicone

El-Todgo wrote:
:D

I shall ask nicely for the BYOC kit as a christmas present then :red: Mum will find it strange that I've asked for what is essentially a £60 jiffy bag full of electrical components though.

She should quasi-sorta understand in the "oh, he likes to tinker with things" way. :red:

Quote:
Also what do you do for decals?

White electrical tape and a fine-point Sharpie. :red:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:02 pm
Tsardocasm

Chicago Iron Parachute rack unit.

Member Of The Radium Water Gentleman's League Of Luxury.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]