View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Goddamn Bricasti Impulses. Download Them, Hoars. 
Simethicone

Yes/No: Yes
Less/More: More
Post Goddamn Bricasti Impulses. Download Them, Hoars.
http://www.samplicity.com/bricasti-m7-impulse-responses/

THESE KICK THE SHIT OUT OF YOUR REVERB. :cop:

Use them. :mad:

They are free :D and legit :nods: .

:huzzah:

Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:54 am
Scratch mixing the fossil record

Post Re: Goddamn Bricasti Impulses. Download Them, Hoars.
total agreement. j'heart bricasti.

come with enough CPU headroom though, or prepare to shut down extraneous vst's... but if you got the computer.. hoh hoh... i haven't found a bad one yet, and the top end of these is SO not shitey like bad verbs.

OH-- and when you use them-- don't forget to use both the left and right channels-- you have to add a channel for both if you're running in stereo! the default (in reaverb, at least) is to run m-s.. it took me a minute to figure out how these run.. but once you get it straight with a stereo verb... they sound loverly and mongo!

Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:47 am
Simethicone

Yes/No: Yes
Less/More: More
Concurred. (Why am I still awake?)

I have Logic Pro 9, which means I have Space Designer (which will load whatever impulses I like, and comes with quite a few decent ones.) I have the Lexicon plugs, I like me some TC stuff, I like the nasty old nonlinear Yamaha SPX-90 'verb on drums, I like my EHX cathedral, I've spent time with a real plate, I had my engineer singing "way too much reverb for my taste" to the melody of one of my songs during a mix... Hell, you know what noise I make. I am reverberant. Acquire these. They cost you nothing but time. They are from a reverb box that costs more then your life. They will clean stuff up posthaste.

I mention this (I may have perhaps sent this link out in the past, or a link to the same set...) because I actually wanted a cheesy gated reverb to arena-ize my drums. I confess, I've taken to blending one in under the snare and often the toms as well, enough you can't really hear it until I take it off. It's such a lame effect but... Yeah. I remembered I had these. And then I loaded them up in Space Designer and they replaced my other reverbs on the backing vox and clean guitars. (The drum room clobbered with an 1176 sent to Flux Stereo Tool is a reverb in itself, that I friggin' made.)

Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:30 am
The guy from the place with the thing. The one with the stuff.

Yes/No: No
newholland wrote:

come with enough CPU headroom though, or prepare to shut down extraneous vst's... but if you got the computer.. hoh hoh... i haven't found a bad one yet, and the top end of these is SO not shitey like bad verbs.

OH-- and when you use them-- don't forget to use both the left and right channels-- you have to add a channel for both if you're running in stereo! the default (in reaverb, at least) is to run m-s.. it took me a minute to figure out how these run.. but once you get it straight with a stereo verb... they sound loverly and mongo!

If these are just impulses how do they bog down the CPU? Wouldn't it really depend on what reverb plugin you use?

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:11 am
Scratch mixing the fossil record

knope wrote:
newholland wrote:

If these are just impulses how do they bog down the CPU? Wouldn't it really depend on what reverb plugin you use?

sure would. if you use a big ol' cathedral verb that tails out for 20 seconds... it'll whomp it way worse than a 1 second room verb. i think that's the up.. and downside of convolution reverbs.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:53 pm
The guy from the place with the thing. The one with the stuff.

Yes/No: No
newholland wrote:
knope wrote:
newholland wrote:

sure would. if you use a big ol' cathedral verb that tails out for 20 seconds... it'll whomp it way worse than a 1 second room verb. i think that's the up.. and downside of convolution reverbs.

ah that makes sence... thanks! I'll give these a spin as soon as finals are over...

Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]