View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
I'm thinking of acquiring this. 
Simethicone

Yes/No: Yes
Less/More: More
Post I'm thinking of acquiring this.
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=108&Itemid=42

DAW software- basically a console emulator with a very obvious and colored sound to it. I am curious. Not to replace Logic as a writing tool, obviously, due to its total lack of MIDI support, but just to mix on. It's supposed to be efficient in its CPU usage and has proper channel strips going on all channels from the get-go, being a console emulator and all. I want to see what I can make it do.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:54 pm
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
Post Re: I'm thinking of acquiring this.
I must admit, i am not very gas-ed by those things. What is "coloration" other than subtle EQ?

Whether the feeling is accurate or not, i don't know, but they strike me a bit like those plugin add-on packs that you used to be able to(maybe still) get for photoshop, that would basically just automate a couple filters, and take control over the manipulations away from you. Like, "WOW, now the type looks like dripping slime!"

I don't know, though. I fully accept that i may simply be missing an obvious point, in a big dumb way. :lol:

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:00 pm
Simethicone

Compression, saturation, etc. Probably non-linear phase whatnot in the EQ section to make it act more like analog kit. The channel strip compressors are supposed to be pretty nice.

It's not that I'm wowed by the concept; I'm trying to find a more efficient way of doing what I'm already doing with Tapehead and Decapitator (the latter of which is very CPU-intensive), and it's supposed to handle summing nicely. Shrug. :idk:

I'm curious how I can make it sound and what the workflow is like. There's something intuitive about mixing on a real desk, as well, and I miss that.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:09 pm
Simethicone

I am also waiting rather impatiently for the public beta of SoundToys Juice. For whatever that's worth. :idk:

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:36 pm
The Cream Of The Crop

Snaxocaster wrote:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=108&Itemid=42

DAW software- basically a console emulator with a very obvious and colored sound to it. I am curious. Not to replace Logic as a writing tool, obviously, due to its total lack of MIDI support, but just to mix on. It's supposed to be efficient in its CPU usage and has proper channel strips going on all channels from the get-go, being a console emulator and all. I want to see what I can make it do.

That's pretty neat. Basically, I could bounce my effected files in Reaper, and take those individual tracks and load them in there for mixing and all my EQ/comp needs. I like the concept, whether the end result is any good or not is a different story.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:12 am
Simethicone

'Zactly. It's a cool idea. Whether it does what it says on the tin or not... Or I like what it does... Well, we'll see about that. And it'll load all my plugins, which is cool, so in that sense it's totally like a console + rack of outboard. We'll see.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]