View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
FS: FMR RNLA compressor 
Simethicone

Yes/No: Yes
Less/More: More
Post FS: FMR RNLA compressor
On the off chance someone wants a quality compressor at a reasonable price: I'm selling my FMR RNLA. $150 shipped/PP'd to The States. With PSU. Probably a bit more to the UK or Canadia. But we can work something out. It's all over pretty much every bass track and vocal track I've recorded for years that didn't come out of a bigger studio*, and half the acoustic guitars, too. Fat, thick sounds. It is not a transparent compressor. It adds girth. There's a distortion trim pot inside if you want to tinker with that, too (I never got around to it).

If you're not familiar with the FMR stuff, they make a handful of nice-sounding things (made in the USA) fer not a whole lot of money. They are very well-reviewed, all, as some of the best deals in pro audio. Not generally available except through swanky pro audio places on the intarwebs who think they're good enough to carry despite the low pricetag. Search Gearslutz or the like for tons of positive comments re: their stuff.

*- All the backing vox on the Garda stuff were cut at my place, so it did make the record.

From pre-server rack days (not that its appearance has ever changed; I've never gigged with the thing):

http://www.fmraudio.com/rnla.htm

Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:28 pm
Simethicone

Post Re: FS: FMR RNLA compressor
Sold on Gearslutz. :dukes:

Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:01 am
Winston Wolf

:huzzah: well done. Woulda thunk it would go there fast.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:35 am
Simethicone

:isay:

RNC would probably have gone faster (Really Nice Compressor, not Republican National Convention; save that for HCBF :red: ) but that's for the timid. :red: Especially for bass DI and lead vocals, I want that shit there on the way in, y'know? Given how little those are going through to begin with!

It'll be replaced eventually. If not with another one, than something similarly tough sounding. You have a DBX 163, or did, no? Which is similarly inexpensive and mean. (The FMR will at least play nice if you ask it to.) Those have my interest piqued.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]