View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Could 2017 finally be the year? 
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
Less/More: More
Post Could 2017 finally be the year?
That i learn how to use one of these things?

I should have been hacking away at keyboards since day one, really starting from zero here, which is kind of equals parts frustrating and interesting challenge. Like, i know all of the sounds, chords, scales that i want, but fucked if i know where they are on this thing. :lol:

Anyhow, started with the controller, then acquired the little reface once i realized that i am much more likely to try to play something that doesn't need to be plugged into something else to make sounds. :red:

Firing up the computer just to hack away trying to learn something i should have picked up years ago, made it more likely that i would just pick up a guitar, which i can already play pretty well, instead.

Anyhow, the Axiom has more than i technically need in a midi controller, but was cheap, and perhaps one day i will aim to use more of its abilities, who knows?

The CP was not as cheap as i would have liked(an open box dealie on MF), but i really dig it. Very simple, and i love the way they utilized the control of the thing. All hardware feel, no menus or displays. Very purposely limited scope and models. Well thought out effects and controls for them. Very solid pair of Rhodes models and my own favorite, the nasty toofy Wurlitzer. Pretty nice hidden regular old acoustic grand piano sound in it too. The clav, toy, and cp models aren't really my bag at this stage. (At the very least, they should have had the toy as the hidden sound and the acoustic grand in its place, IMO...)

What is my bag though, is how tiny it is, the fact that it can run off batteries, and the fact that the sounds i like in it are great.

I really enjoy how yamaha approached the Reface series. And i am absolutely now on the lookout for a YC, which is probably the coolest out of all of them.

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:51 am
Winston Wolf

Post Re: Could 2017 finally be the year?
very cool.

I still have 3? key boards I rarely use but when called upon they are great. I was forced to take up piano when I was a kid by my grandmother and again of course I was in a music college and while bass was my major at the time we had to take keys and vocals anyway.

Being able to hack my way through keys has landed me many gigs and you are musical and will catch on to it quick. Other than there are not those box patterns on it.

I am sure you will make some destructive sounds before you know it.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]