View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 9161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 449, 450, 451, 452, 453, 454, 455 ... 459  Next
Blog/tweet about shit in your life here 
Winston Wolf

Post Re: Blog/tweet about shit in your life here
all eras. A lot of the early stuff thankfully. To draw them in still have to do the ourside writer stuff from the 80's, but there is at least half of the material is early 'Smith.

Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:10 pm
Guaranteed to cure tapeworm

Wanted to check in with ye old dawgs, its been a while. I've only really been Facebook stalking the few I still have. I do look around here every week, but haven't had anything to share, so here's the big dump.

Managed to sell all my gear except the Yamaha SA503. Most of it went to bands and to friends. Currently teaching my partner to play on the yamaha.

All the money went to a full identity change from introverted and antisocial to.... less.

2016 marked my first music festival that I enjoyed, and I did 7 including Burning man. Definitely can be attributed to a lovely lady with whom I was in a poly relationship with... triad relationships are weird and crazy, and good, but mostly crazy.
Last year I took it easy and did 4 festivals including burning man; plus two regional burns, one in West Virgina and one local to me.

I've taken up flow arts as a meditative practice. And the most exciting bit is I've been contacted to participate with our local fire conclave at burning man this year, so now i have to get fire props and get good and hopefully not burn my eyebrows off.

I hope all of you are well, and kinda hoping somebody sees this and pops me a message to tell me where this place is moving :)

I liek techno https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMofdWLZPqs

Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:28 am
Winston Wolf

Nice to hear from you. We are not moving. Theres a mapz group on facebook too I dont think I have you on it, but it is as busy as this is now. Not at all.

Chris put up money to keep this place afloat for at least a year and we can revisit what to do with mapz.

On the relationship. Yeah, not an easy one to manage. I do understand.

Please stop by more and keep us updated

Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:54 am
Walrus meat

Hey, Morgan. :hi:

Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:28 pm
Guaranteed to cure tapeworm

Broseidon wrote:
Hey, Morgan. :hi:

:huzzah:

True story. I ticked off one of my bucket list goals. Have slept with a girl named Morgan.

I liek techno https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMofdWLZPqs

Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:17 pm
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
Less/More: More
Man, the last couple weeks have been real classy with a "lets see how many things can decide to break at a bad time" sort of vibe to them here at trash mountain. :red:

Kind of theme of cold leaky things i guess.

Looks like one of my gutters has decided to modify itself to flow water into one of the bay windows instead of away from it. Now, i do tend to like a rebellious sort of mindset, but still don't quite appreciate the flavor of this one. It is very thoughtfully directing any melt- or rain- water just about directly into the area of a bedroom where some electric baseboard heaters are run. At least water and electricity get along well, anyhow.

Also, lately been living, as in a proper mountain cave, with only 36 degree (Fahrenheit) water flowing from the taps for a bit now. Too busy at work to meet a plumber here to fixit. Now i am toying with the typical for me(and likely not quite wise) notion of just fixing it myself. Which should be fun. As an aside, tankless coil water heaters=proper garbage. The thing never provided all that much hot water to begin with. It is just a dirty bonus trick that the mineral rich water here just eats them up.

Now finally, my car has decided that if it is running, it should be spraying gasoline all around the engine bay, i think just for a change of pace/out of boredom. Luckily, it was too cold when i noticed it, for it to just light up proper, just a stink and some smoke instead. Also luckily, the parking lot at Trash Mountain has other options. i guess we will see if the other options will last long enough to attend to the gas fountain.

I really cannot wait for the proper warm weather to return. My to-do list is getting silly.

Good times.

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.

Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:26 pm
Winston Wolf

well sounds like you are having a really awesome time there Chris.

Shit like the gutter and car makes me lose my shit.

In my world, I am properly recording the original band in a real studio. have been alternating SL-X and 800 for recording. Setting the SL-X a bit clean has been nice and nasty. Very typical rock n roll late 70's early 80's rawk tones.

800 is in the process of being re-tubed.

Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:55 am
Winston Wolf

Well, one down anyhow. Trash Mountain has hot water again! Went as smooth as it could have, considering.

Fuck man, having hot water is pretty godamned sweet.

:red:

What geetars are you running through those tor? LPs?

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:09 pm
Winston Wolf

mostly LP's Chris. i still use the franken-tele a lot, uh... yeah and a 96 Contemporary Tele.. oh and a PRS Tremonti SE... and the ES-137... and of course the 4 other LPs. I haven't been using the Anderson live for a bit. Recording has fully been LP's. Well, yeah, except one over dub with frankentele.

I found a NOS pair of Winged C's ... not going to install them for a bit but they were under $100 so I had to get them

Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:14 pm
Best Supporting Actress

I have been balancing out my insane work schedule with play table top games online over discord with a group of friends.

We are currently playing the World Wide Wrestling RPG, where as you may suspect they play wrestlers employed at a promotion of our creating. It's a lot of fun and has really gotten me back into the game design aspect of these things. Has me itching to get into some writing for a game of my own.

I was thinking of starting a side game/campaign using a different system potentially. I don't know if anyone here is interested but if you are you just need discord and a microphone, web cam of some sort helps. If you want to hop in to the wrestling game that is pretty fluid, you can pretty much just play as you want with that setup so there isn't a ton of commitment.

On the music side of things my band is back into writing stuff and is not very pop-punk anymore, a direction I embrace. Kind of excited to get some decent takes to share here, it's been a while since I have done some proper musicing.

Tor I swear we will catch a show soon, I do keep a track on your gigs, especially the one's at Arlene's.

Einige aßen Fisch und einige aßen Tiere

Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:04 pm
Profile WWW
Winston Wolf

Devtron wrote:
Tor I swear we will catch a show soon, I do keep a track on your gigs, especially the one's at Arlene's.

No problem dude. We just turned down a few dates at Arlenes and a few other in the city. We have a lot going on with recording etc. also... paid cover band gigs help pay for the original band so....

tomorrow (Saturday) is double duty night, original band is opening for the Aerosmith band... so 3 sets at 50 minutes each.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:39 pm
Winston Wolf

This house's assault on my sanity continues.

Fixed the gutter/wall leak, fixed the boiler.

Now the refrigerator has decided to kick the bucket. :red:

It was nice of it to wait until i made a big grocery store trip the day before, too.

Awsum.

Sat May 05, 2018 7:59 am
Winston Wolf

that seems to be right up my alley of luck as well.

you seems to be having a rather bad string of luck right now.

Sun May 06, 2018 8:02 pm
Winston Wolf

Yeh, i am keeping it together okay so far.

Must have accidentally gotten some sort of brain chemistry/diet thing right, because i kind of feel like the onslaught of annoyances would have had a bad effect on my mental state most other years.

For whatever reason, i am going with more of an amused "oh, yeah, what else you got?" kind of mindset lately instead. It has wound up being an unexpected but welcome change of perspective for me.

I hope this positive mental state doesn't run out. :lol:

I guess we will see what else can break.

Mon May 07, 2018 6:12 pm
Winston Wolf

could be old age setting in. I generally don't give 2 fucks about shit that would have bothered be before.

but then, now, other things bug the living shit out me.

The head is truly fucked up

Tue May 08, 2018 3:18 pm
Winston Wolf

Been just above tits-deep in work for a pretty extended run here. Normally, the summer deadens out bigtime, but if anything it has ramped up this year.

Last few weeks, now i have also been spending most nights doing metalwork for designing clamps for espresso machines(also for work).

I like being busy, and i like the change of pace/tasks, but my own private requirements for tasks to be accomplished are starting to pile up kind of insanely.

Additionally, haven't played guitar much in about a couple months solid. I want to, just don't have the time; only ever either working, eating, or sleeping. If this keeps up, i will have to bring one to work and play it on lunch break or something. :red:

Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:35 am
Winston Wolf

might be a good idea for the lunch time thing. i used to do that at my last job. Worked out well.

I have had way too many gigs this month with 4 bands. I feel like I am constantly learning music, or re-learning. also have many practices and a session coming up next weekend.. 10 gigs in June, 6 practices, and 1 recording session. still trying to find time for fighting and my kids.

Cool thing was yesterday (fathers day) I got to spend with my little guy on the baseball field watching him as his team won a tournament. Good day.

Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:18 am
Walrus meat

I am in Alaska working construction again. Doing 70 hour weeks for the next three. I am very tired. But it is good.

Hope everyone is doing well and is rocking away.

Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:26 pm
Winston Wolf

Happy belated Father's Day, Tor! I have been spending a bit of time with my sister's (now)ten-month-old lately. Kids can be pretty amazing.

I have been kind of blinders-on busy for a while now. Just piling up tasks at home and at work that need varying levels of immediate attention. It has been weirdly difficult for me to focus on anything longer term, or anything purely enjoyable for months now. I haven't recorded anything this year really, and we are in JULY now. At work we are working on SEPTEMBER stuff(worst part about this job is being in the future mentally, especially when the present is nice weather). I was expecting things to calm down, was expecting to have some time to play with this forum, was expecting to be able to collect my thoughts a bit. Still hasn't happened. Going to need to reassess how i work here and there i think. Come up with a better system.

Anyhow.

Other than all that, well, i managed to break one of my ribs somehow, a couple weeks ago. :red:

It has been a sort of unexpected not-completely-terrible thing, actually.

I have brain problems about productivity, tasks which need doing, broken everything needs fixing, etc etc.

Not being able to physically do a pile of things for a while has actually allowed me to calm down a little, feel less guilty about sitting around doing nothing, SOMETIMES.

I still have a shitload of things to do, and a limited time to do them before we are in the cold times again, but whatever, maybe for the next 3-4 weeks or so i can maybe get just some stuff i want to do, done. Like, play some guitar. I wish i could play drums. But that is def on the not-physically-capable list, at least, in the wonky way i do them. :red:

:idk:

Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:08 am
Winston Wolf

well nice to hear you can get a few things done.

Recording... I have been in the studio with a few songs with the original band with a legit engineer producer. I always get intimidated when it comes to lead time. I play what I play. Im a good guitarist. not great. I'm not going to change the world, but when it comes to recording, that shit is down... permanent so I freak myself out.

Just what I do.

got some leads I'm happy with and I will post soon.

mean while the ninja life has struck again and I ruptured the tendon on my left ring finger.

as a guitar player, you sometimes need that finger.

thats a lie.

you need it for everything.

so I amin a splint for 6-8 more weeks... gigs coming up including a big one at Foxwoods. so going to do the best I can.

Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 9161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 449, 450, 451, 452, 453, 454, 455 ... 459  Next