View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 9161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 453, 454, 455, 456, 457, 458, 459  Next
Blog/tweet about shit in your life here 
Winston Wolf

Post Re: Blog/tweet about shit in your life here
I took the summer off of gigging. My kids are getting to the age that they barely need me so I wanted to get the time with my son that I could get. My daughter is now 16. (yeah, fuck me) and has a good kid for a boyfriend. I'm just starting to gig again and have a few lined up.

Just saw 2 shows this week that were great. Big Wreck at the Gramercy in NY and Nick Cave conversations at Lincoln Center. Both amazing.

that's about it. Still being a ninja.....

Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:41 pm
Walrus meat

Things ain't too shitty over here. Kind of have things similarly piled high in a distracting way. Band of the two years split up cause our drummer moved and i'd like to get the thing we've in line as the successor going but i've already got myself wrapped up in another project and got work and studio shit to keep up with. Really not the worst problem to have in the world though. Just would like more to time to completely fuck off as I have been more accustomed to in previous years of my life. :red:

Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:25 pm
Winston Wolf

Yes/No: No
Less/More: More
Yeah, i feel like i have squandered some of the glorious alone-with-nothing-to-do time that i have been gifted over the years.

I would do it more or less the same way, just want more. :red:

I feel ideas banging around in my head. I am either going to have to stop sleeping, or stop working for money. :red:

START YOUR OWN RELIGION TODAY.

Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:30 pm
Winston Wolf

Trash Mountain is currently in a full on crisis state of brink of ruin, these days.

We will see how it goes, but at the moment it is full shitty.

Wish me luck, Maplitonians.

Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:43 pm
Walrus meat

What's going on with the thing? Is it just plain ol' falling apart?

Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:42 pm
Winston Wolf

Nah, my parents fucked up some stuff, didn't tell me it was getting fucked up, and now the bank wants the Mountain.

And by the time i learned about it, it was pretty far along, so i haven't had much time to work on solutions, and now shit is moving kinda quick.

Deep shit, high stress, nonsense all day, every day.

There is some chance of not-disaster, but so far, at every turn, it has gone slightly, or much, worse than the previous state.

Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:04 pm
Walrus meat

Damn, my homie. That sounds like a not fun situation. Is it a foreclosure deal or something else?

What's your options looking like?

Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:25 pm
Winston Wolf

Yeh, that is where it will go next if the bank doesn't want to let us get a loan modification.

We requested one, and were denied on the initial application due to my parents not showing enough income to cover it.

Now we are asking them to consider what i can pay and some other things as part of the equation. Hopefully they will go with that.

Longer term i want to try to put the house/loans in my name and remove the debt cloud my parents have, but i need more than a few weeks to work on that.

So i am hoping they will give them the modification now, and then i can get to work on the refinance in my name for a little further down the line.

But right now we have like zero time. They only gave 14 days to appeal the rejection, and it was the weeks of christmas and newyears. So like actually not 14 days, but like 8.

And i still have to work my actual job which generally requires my full attention, at the same time.

It is pretty frustrating.

Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:12 am
Winston Wolf

Best of luck with everything Chris. Hope it goes well.

I myself have not done well financially. I have a very good job, but I live in the most expensive place in the US to live. Also Mrs Tor and I decided to keep her home while the kids were young. so she has just gone back to work a bit ago but only part time as she has to take care of her mom also. this adulting thing sucks.

but I still feel i'm in better shape than Chris here.... so I'll shut the fuck up

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:39 pm
Winston Wolf

Fully agree that adulting is absolute garbage.

Trash Mountain isn't quite sunk yet.

But we have really not been getting any good news to go against all the bad news lately.

If i believed more in such things, i would suggest that some greater power is trying to break my spirit down, like in some cosmic POW camp sense.

I am really not accustomed to literally just about everything that could, actually going wrong.

Usually the universe throws you a couple bones.

Would love to get rid of this year. Started with all of the house repair stuff(which is ongoing), then morphed into this bank crap. No room to breathe.

And no time to prepare.

And i wish i had spent less money on building supplies,(which are just sitting in piles, awaiting warmer weather, to repair things, at the moment).

If it is cosmic, then send me good vibes, bros. I might have pissed off a witch or something.

Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:12 am
Walrus meat

Good vibes coming your way, my friend. Really hope this year turns around for you.

Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:02 pm
Pendulous

I'm sorry to hear that Chris. I hope things improve in 2020, or at least settle in a manner that you can live with.

http://nachtmuse.bandcamp.com/
http://vesication.bandcamp.com/
https://divideconquer.bandcamp.com/
(I also play in a band called Human Compost but our bandcamp is banned)

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:40 pm
Pendulous

Well since I'm here I'll let you know what's been going on in this here silly ol life of mine. I think I left off September '17.

So I must have let you guys know I got married as that happened July of that year.

Maybe I'd also mentioned that we moved downtown (well 'downtown' to me, as in in the city limits and not in the suburbs). We were renting a little townhouse for really cheap by Toronto standards. It had issues though, with vermin and electric problems and water pooling in the basement.

Got fired from my job of three or four years around November of '17. That was the place where I had access to a laser etcher for pedals. It was a place that makes water fountains. It was an interesting job for a while but also got extremely toxic, and I think the environment and I just stopped gelling and I became useless to them.

For a little while worked in a shop making industrial control panels, before I ended up being a 'project coordinator' at this fucking pretentious design house, wow, that job was so bad for me I ended up being put on meds.

The wife wanted a child so she got one. Shortly after she was knocked up we visited her birthplace of Estonia. What a fantastic country.

Got a new job at a place that manufactures circuit boards. I sit at a desk at all day answering emails.

Child was born October '18. Her name is June.

Weened myself off meds because they're fucking garbage and they don't do shit.

Then there's about a year of just, working, and raising this little June of ours. My band Vesication did manage to record an album in that time span though.

Now it's 2020 and our girl is a year old. We moved out of Toronto and are 'owning' a condo in Newmarket. So that's where we are now!

Oh and music wise, I'm still in Vesication and Human Compost, in fact Compost are doing drum sessions for the next full length right now. I also have my project Nachtmuse, a high school friend has joined me as the second song writer, and this full length album has been developing at a snail's pace since 2017.

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:53 pm
Walrus meat

Congrats on the offspring and the adult life shit, dude. :huzzah: Still avoiding as much of that as possible over here. :red:

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:13 pm
Pendulous

Bro, avoid that shit like the plague. My best years were being in my twenties, with free time to just be creative and do as I please. I have way too many goddamn responsibilities now, I really can't do much of what I want anymore.

Funny, I've known you guys long enough that you there with me for those times! :idea:

Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:43 pm
Winston Wolf

Holyshit, that is a lot of stuff, Geoff!

Congratulations on the bebbe!

Also on the condo, and for sure, on being able to continue to even be in bands while everything has changed so much. I know a lot of dudes who had to drop out of music for a couple years at least when they kicked in to the new house/baby gear of life. Some of them are just getting back into things now, some still haven't been able to(like they essentially just eventually decided not to be musicians anymore, which is real weird to me, but i can kind of see it. maybe. kind of.).

Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:09 am
Pendulous

Thanks Chris!

I don't think I can be one of those quitters. I'm going to have grey hair playing music that makes my daughter's eyes roll (though at least for the moment, she loves melodic metal. She makes a 'wooo!' when the dense parts happen).

How are you doing though?

Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:59 am
Winston Wolf

I am still fighting the fight. Talking to loanfolks, trying to find a path.

Currently looking into my older sister and i buying the house from my parents if we can figure out how to make it all work with neither of us really having had enough time to prepare for it, savings or credit-wise.

There is still a chance, but the bank is still moving right along with looking to take it, at the same time.

Feel slightly more positive on the possibility of a good resolution than i did before. But i am also wary that i not fall into any delusions of it being easy to solve. Because it is a fucking nightmare.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:58 am
Winston Wolf

Geoff, welcome to the club. I being the granpappy of Maplifiers welcome a new addition.

and as Geoff said, go as long as you can free, because that shit ties up free time. Best thing I did was have kids.

my original band is wrapping up a full length album, I'll post some pre-final mix stuff soon.

Glad to hear things are starting to hopefully look better for you Chris! and no, nothing is ever easy. I make a lot of money (well I feel I do) and we still have a shit house and my kids always go over friends houses because they are much nicer. It's price we paid to have Mrs Tor stay at home to raise the kids for 13 years.

Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:59 pm
Guaranteed to cure tapeworm

I stopped checking maps when it went offline last year.

Checked randomly last night, and its back up! I missed all of you.

I'm glad all of you are doing okay, or at least improving!

No big updates from me, i'm still a dirty hippie who sold all his guitar shit. With this quarantine i might be able to finish the tube rectifried 60W sunn model T build thats been collecting dust for 5 years tho. :facepalm:

Also, got MAD GAS when i saw this 28" scale Hapas 8 string guitar on Kijiji last month, but somebody snatched it before i could. Now i think i want a baritone 8 string. oof.

I liek techno https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMofdWLZPqs

Tue May 05, 2020 12:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 453, 454, 455, 456, 457, 458, 459  Next